JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I haven’t seen a sting grey in person or a sarge green. I did own a Cherokee years ago that was a dark green that looks to be similar. It was a nice color.
They are both nice. Although Sarge Green looks better if everything like the wheels and stuff are blacked out. Didn't like it on the Jeep with the silver wheels I saw at the dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Gator was a great color that was available only on Gladiators for some reason. It was very close to Commando Green, with a bit more brown in it. Commando could almost be bright, depending on the light. It’s one of the few colors I miss having.
I love Gator. I saw a Gladiator in Gator a couple weeks ago. I would definitely get that for my 2022 order.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Don’t have any idea why they didn’t or don’t offer it on Wranglers.

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
Hopefully they have some cool colors for the start of 2022 order. Do they usually start off with bland standard colors and then add the cool colors? Or do they still have a good color selection from the start of the new year order?
my opinion is that it will be very basic outside of Tuscadero. Production is still so screwed. I think they probably scrap a color that was planned.

Sponsored

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
If the colors are not exciting, I will just wait. I am pretty boring anyway and just want silver. I would buy orange if it was a real orange. Not sure I would buy nacho….haven’t seen in person but it looks a little yellow in the pics.

I am in no hurry, I have a 2020 Chevy Trail Boss as my daily driver. I would rather wait and get a color I want than buy something I don’t want just because it’s available. These things are too much money to compromise.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Nacho is closer to the color of construction equipment. Very close to Dozer with a tad less orange.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
If the colors are not exciting, I will just wait. I am pretty boring anyway and just want silver. I would buy orange if it was a real orange. Not sure I would buy nacho….haven’t seen in person but it looks a little yellow in the pics.

I am in no hurry, I have a 2020 Chevy Trail Boss as my daily driver. I would rather wait and get a color I want than buy something I don’t want just because it’s available. These things are too much money to compromise.
I agree. Way too expensive to just get any old color.

I thought I saw Nacho in person the other day. It was definitely orange ish..
Although it could have been punkin. Thats the problem with Jeep they have so many colors that are different but similar you don't know what you saw.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There is no rhyme or reason to jeep colorway availability.

I've seen them announce colors then never release them. Debut a color and cancel it a week later. Usually with the bright colors they last a year or less. However, with the JL they let Hella Yella run for 4 years which is unheard of.

With the JL they seem to be more generous with the color choices than with previous models.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
There is no rhyme or reason to jeep colorway availability.

I've seen them announce colors then never release them. Debut a color and cancel it a week later. Usually with the bright colors they last a year or less. However, with the JL they let Hella Yella run for 4 years which is unheard of.

With the JL they seem to be more generous with the color choices than with previous models.
Yeah I've noticed this. Hopefully for 2022 they're really generous with the colors. I can't wait to order already. I know the word on ordering is October 5th. Hopefully it's sooner. Seems a bit late in the year if you ask me. Hopefully we find put what the new colors are soon and they actually stick.

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Gator was a great color that was available only on Gladiators for some reason. It was very close to Commando Green, with a bit more brown in it. Commando could almost be bright, depending on the light. It’s one of the few colors I miss having.
Little known fact: Commando Jeeps were the only Wranglers ever offered without removable doors.

Because nobody should go Commando with their doors off.

I'll see myself out.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable

I completely agree with this statement. I want what I want and I want Orange (not nacho). But I'm in a pickle... There's a 2019 Punkn Rubicon for sale that has most of the features I want but is 2 years old with 20k miles and costs $54k. I'm having a hard time justifying spending that when I can order a new one for the same price and get exactly what I want. But I don't know if orange will be available. So if I wait, I'm sure the 2019 will be sold and gone and may end up with nothing. If I buy the 2019 and in 1 month they come out with the 2022's and have orange... I bought a 2/3 year old model with 20k miles for basically the same price as new. I don't know what to do!!!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
as a punkin owner i can assure you punkin and nacho are 2 totally different colors.
nacho is yellowish where punkin is definitely orange

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
I completely agree with this statement. I want what I want and I want Orange (not nacho). But I'm in a pickle... There's a 2019 Punkn Rubicon for sale that has most of the features I want but is 2 years old with 20k miles and costs $54k. I'm having a hard time justifying spending that when I can order a new one for the same price and get exactly what I want. But I don't know if orange will be available. So if I wait, I'm sure the 2019 will be sold and gone and may end up with nothing. If I buy the 2019 and in 1 month they come out with the 2022's and have orange... I bought a 2/3 year old model with 20k miles for basically the same price as new. I don't know what to do!!!
Exact same position for me with Billet Silver. I understand the need to rotate colors for limited releases like Tuscadero and Gecko, but I really wish they would release a "roadmap" for what colors will be rotating the next 12 months.
Sponsored