Sponsored

Clock (Uconnect 7") auto-sets to Eastern Time (Toledo?) when I select "GPS time sync"

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
I'm on Central Daylight Time (CDT) and when I go in to my Uconnect 7" settings (Settings -> Clock) and select "GPS time sync" it always puts me on Eastern Daylight Time.
[Prior to Daylight Savings Time, it would still sync to an hour ahead of Central Time]
Jeep told me that my 7" unit does not have a GPS in it...but it does use a GPS antenna (not quite sure what that means, but I translated it to mean that it does not have Navigation--which I know--but does interface with GPS).
Occasionally, when I connect my phone and use Android Auto, Google Maps and Waze will think I am either in somewhere in Oregon or Toledo (This can usually be fixed after a while or by doing the Uconnect or GPS reset).
However, nothing seems to change the "GPS sync" for the clock. It isn't too much a problem, but I can't use the "GPS sync" function for the clock and I was wondering if there is a way to do this.
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Have you tried updating the firmware on the Uconnect 7"? I took delivery of my Jeep in ID and drove to CA. There is a one hour time difference. While still in ID I set the clock to GPS time sync, and it changed to the correct time when I drove across time zones.

OP
OP

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
Have you tried updating the firmware on the Uconnect 7"? I took delivery of my Jeep in ID and drove to CA. There is a one hour time difference. While still in ID I set the clock to GPS time sync, and it changed to the correct time when I drove across time zones.
When I enter my VIN in the Uconnect site, it indicates:
"YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE
There are no updates available at this time for your 2018 equipped with this system."
...so either got some sort of OTA update or there there isn't an official update available for my unit yet.
Sponsored