Sponsored

Clock losing time

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Something my wife and I have noticed, the clock in the Jeep loses time very quickly. As in I have to set it forward 5-10 minutes at least once a month, it just runs slow. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed their clock is regularly off? Or if this is a known issue at all? I took a quick search but didn't come up with much. Probably going to take it in at some point when it eventually gets annoying
Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Mine does the same thing. Doesnā€™t make sense, but makes me chuckle.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
My JT loses time too a few minutes every week or so. When it gets about 10 minutes late I reset it or the it just blanks out on me sets time to 00:00 and turns off the radio. :headbang: I need to take a note to remind me when I take it in.

OP
OP

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
At least I'm not the only one, we had a good laugh about it as well :LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
My JT loses time too a few minutes every week or so. When it gets about 10 minutes late I reset it or the it just blanks out on me sets time to 00:00 and turns off the radio. :headbang: I need to take a note to remind me when I take it in.
Haven't had that happen yet maybe I just keep catching it in time haha

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
add 3 minutes once a month. Yes its slow.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
FCA engineering. If we canā€™t nail a digital clock timer, no wonder the steering and clutch issues are lingering.
My thoughts exactly. The technology to make an accurate digital clock has been around for over 60 years but somehow they didn't manage to get it right. There are quite a few threads on this, but I have yet to find anyone reporting a fix for the small touchscreens (GPS/Nav models can be set to take the time from the satellites.) I also haven't seen anyone chime in and say "Yes my clock works fine!"

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
My 10 JK with stock radio (zero bells and whistles) ran slow as well. As everyone stated here, you just live with it, wear a watch, keep up with how far its off and do math in your head.

Glad to see FCA keeps this Easter Egg alive.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Glad to see FCA keeps this Easter Egg alive.
It is bizarre really...the stock radio in our '03 KJ kept time perfectly, but that was the upgraded Alpine with cassette and CD. My wife's JLU with the 7" radio is fine as well, but the 5" in my JL loses a few minutes every month.

Sponsored

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Mine loses a few minutes every month or two but I just learned not to use that clock. Iā€™d be more worried about the dealer fixing it than just living with it. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Never had a JK (or any FCA era Jeep) so this is a new "Jeep thing" to me. In the old ZJ it would freak out and say all the doors were open, coolant sensor bad etc over any decent bump, but hey, the clock was right! Should just stop changing it, let the JL take care of daylight savings for me :LOL: Thought it was weird, if it's that common just something to get used to, no big deal.

Don't expect absolute perfection out of the thing and don't wanna go through the horrors of having different radios put in by the dealer to get it closer. Last time I was there I watched one of their techs straight up just back a caravan right into the drive through door, get out and rub the spot with his thumb, then jump back in and drive it around to the shop like he stole it. None of the service advisors or the service manager even reacted to it. Never going back there

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. The technology to make an accurate digital clock has been around for over 60 years but somehow they didn't manage to get it right. There are quite a few threads on this, but I have yet to find anyone reporting a fix for the small touchscreens (GPS/Nav models can be set to take the time from the satellites.) I also haven't seen anyone chime in and say "Yes my clock works fine!"
Didn't you read the options list for the UConnect 3 (5" screen) that keeps time using the Mayan Calendar, rather than GPS/SatNav. That was a $500 option that slows the clock down to let you know how close you are to needing a new steering box. It is pretty amazing technology.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Mine loses a few minutes every month or two but I just learned not to use that clock. Iā€™d be more worried about the dealer fixing it than just living with it. šŸ˜‚
time is really really slow when dealers fix or repair things
Sponsored