Sponsored

Check Engine Light - Code p0137

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Ask the dealer to check the spark plugs. There is a TSB for it. Mine is acting normally after they replaced all the spark plugs.
I put about 250 miles since the repair by the way.
That would make sense, thanks for the suggestion!
Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
That would make sense, thanks for the suggestion!
Apparently some Pentastar engines got either the wrong spark plugs. Glad they rectified it early without compromising the catalytic converter.
Good luck and I hope the issue gets resolved.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently some Pentastar engines got either the wrong spark plugs. Glad they rectified it early without compromising the catalytic converter.
Good luck and I hope the issue gets resolved.
Just got it back, no issues driving it home from the dealership. Hopefully thats all the growing pains, I'm ready to enjoy it now!

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Just got it back, no issues driving it home from the dealership. Hopefully thats all the growing pains, I'm ready to enjoy it now!
How did they rectify the issue? Just curious if it was spark plugs.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
How did they rectify the issue? Just curious if it was spark plugs.
I told them about the service bulletin for the spark plugs. They drove it a total of 3 miles, said they were going to follow the service bulletin and replaced all 6 spark plugs.

Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I told them about the service bulletin for the spark plugs. They drove it a total of 3 miles, said they were going to follow the service bulletin and replaced all 6 spark plugs.
Awesome. Glad you were able to get back to enjoying your Jeep before Christmas. Good luck!🍀

Tennjeeper

First Name
Delson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 (14,555 miles) has been trouble free until the other day. It started idling roughly at a stoplight and then the auto stop start light came on. I shut the car off and shut it back on that cleared itself. Then this morning the check engine light came on and I ran the code and it was P0137. So I went ahead and erased that code, and I guess we’ll see if it comes back. I did Google that code and it’s an oxygen sensor malfunction code, that apparently is pretty common. I was just wondering if the two somehow could be connected. I googled the first issue of the rough idling and the auto stop start light coming on, and I found someone who had to get their engine re-flashed and that seem to resolve it. If anyone has any thoughts there appreciated I’m taking it in to get the steering box replaced soon and will likely just have them check it over an update anything that needs to be done then.
My 2020 Rubicon is having the same issue. Took it in once and they reset the code and told me to drive it. It did the same thing again. Going back to the shop tomorrow.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My 2020 Rubicon is having the same issue. Took it in once and they reset the code and told me to drive it. It did the same thing again. Going back to the shop tomorrow.
This thread will help you.

68ponyGT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport 3.6L - 52k miles

I'm having an issue with oil weeping around the vvt sensors on passenger side. I can't tell if the valve pan gasket is leaking.

I got a CEL with code P2096 post cat fuel trim sys too lean bank 1. I have oil on the passenger side downstream oxygen sensor wiring harness.

I purchased a NTK downstream right sensor but the wiring harness connector is different from the factory connector. The NTK connector is 2x2 (2 wires on top, 2 on bottom). The factory connector is a straight 4 pin connector with the red tab that pulls out to disconnect (I can post pic if needed).

Has anyone seen this before or know a good part number for OEM sensor? I have had service issues in the past with local dealerships so I'm hesitant to take it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport 3.6L - 52k miles

I'm having an issue with oil weeping around the vvt sensors on passenger side. I can't tell if the valve pan gasket is leaking.

I got a CEL with code P2096 post cat fuel trim sys too lean bank 1. I have oil on the passenger side downstream oxygen sensor wiring harness.

I purchased a NTK downstream right sensor but the wiring harness connector is different from the factory connector. The NTK connector is 2x2 (2 wires on top, 2 on bottom). The factory connector is a straight 4 pin connector with the red tab that pulls out to disconnect (I can post pic if needed).

Has anyone seen this before or know a good part number for OEM sensor? I have had service issues in the past with local dealerships so I'm hesitant to take it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
When mine was doing this I just opened up the connector and cleaned both sides out with contact cleaner, worked fine and same O2 sensor lives on. it seems the oil gathers in the connector and starts shorting the pins together. May not work for you but it's worth a try.

68ponyGT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
When mine was doing this I just opened up the connector and cleaned both sides out with contact cleaner, worked fine and same O2 sensor lives on. it seems the oil gathers in the connector and starts shorting the pins together. May not work for you but it's worth a try.
Thanks, I will definitely try this. My sensor looks completely dry so this may work for me.

I'll post an update when I get a chance to clean it.

68ponyGT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Thanks, I will definitely try this. My sensor looks completely dry so this may work for me.

I'll post an update when I get a chance to
Unfortunately cleaning the connectors didn't work for me. I guess I'm dropping it off at the dealer. The oil leak should be warranty repair so I'll let them deal with it.

68ponyGT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
That sucks, worth a try though. And now you know what a PITA it is getting in there.
It was a major PITA :CWL:. I had to use a flexible straw bent 90° to get the connector on the harness.
Sponsored