Sponsored

Check Engine Light - Code p0137

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Was told to pick up my Jeep today. The newly replaced 2nd fuel injector supposedly failed also. No CEL but it still didn't feel right so I drove it a few miles, turned around, and took it back. The dealer told me that they thought it was running fine and said the vibration I was feeling was due to it being a standard transmission and that it was a 2 door sport (yes, they really told me that). The said I needed to drive it another couple hundred miles so that the "computer could learn my driving habits". I got almost home and the CEL started flashing again. I dropped it at another dealer. The service tech started up my Jeep and said "this engine has a misfire". He checked for codes and found 3. Hoping that dealer #2 can diagnose the issue.
Sounds like the first dealer didn't know what they were doing. I'm guessing they threw a couple parts at it, cleared the CEL and said move along. Hopefully the second dealer is better.
Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Appears resolved. Here’s the service ticket. I think the plenum thing was an incorrect diagnosis and likely didn’t need replacement.

253E9ECA-6EB5-4DAE-9E82-6ACE87B8AFCC.jpeg
Just checking to see if the issue still looks resolved.
I want to believe that my patience with Jeep and my dealer is worth the wait.

Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Hopefully we will all be good. I'm kind of tired of waiting for it. Its like I ordered it all over again.
Waiting sucks for sure and everytime I get in the loaner (Jeep Compass) it gets my blood boiled.
But after hearing that Jeff’s Jeep is holding up okay after the fix, I am cautiously optimistic.
One thing I am scratching my head is the valve cover design flaws with 3.6 Pentastar engines and why this is coming up now. I researched a lot before ordering my Jeep and one of the reasons is my thinking this engine is solid since it has been around for many years on a variety of FCA vehicles.

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
Not yet. The dealer still does not have all the parts. I am told O2 failed due to a bad valve cover.
Dealer has my Jeep longer than I have at this point.
Picked mine up today from the 2nd dealer. They said the culprit was a bad spark plug. It seems to be running fine now. Spark plug - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. After being in the shop for this long you kind of expect of them to say, "we replaced the whole engine".

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Picked mine up today from the 2nd dealer. They said the culprit was a bad spark plug. It seems to be running fine now. Spark plug - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. After being in the shop for this long you kind of expect of them to say, "we replaced the whole engine".
I am glad you were able to sort out the issue.
Tomorrow marks 15th days since I dropped my car off at the dealership for the CEL.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad you were able to sort out the issue.
Tomorrow marks 15th days since I dropped my car off at the dealership for the CEL.
Tomorrow is day 14 for me. Still haven't gotten a loaner either. Supposed to pick that up tomorrow too.

At what point do we try to get FCA to pay our payment, its almost been at the dealership as long as it was at my house.

Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Tomorrow is day 14 for me. Still haven't gotten a loaner either. Supposed to pick that up tomorrow too.

At what point do we try to get FCA to pay our payment, its almost been at the dealership as long as it was at my house.
I am going by my state’s lemon law which is 30 days in total. If I must I will file a claim for my payment through a claims court.
I have also reported this to NHTSA so they can investigate.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Jeep back today. I attached the invoice they gave me. It still feels like it has misfires (maybe something fuel related?) No CEL. I'm going to monitor and try a different brand or try premium. I know that issue started after I filled my tank for the first time, which makes me wonder if its a fuel thing.

20201103_122310~01.jpg

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I got my Jeep back today. I attached the invoice they gave me. It still feels like it has misfires (maybe something fuel related?) No CEL. I'm going to monitor and try a different brand or try premium. I know that issue started after I filled my tank for the first time, which makes me wonder if its a fuel thing.

20201103_122310~01.jpg
It’s interesting that they replaced both the intake manifold and oxygen sensor to remedy.
Keep an eye on this and let us know how it goes after refueling. Good luck

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Another update if anyone is still interested.
My Jeep is still at the dealer collecting dust as it waits for the parts.
Jeep Care hasn’t been much help as they haven’t really stepped up to expedite the delivery of parts either.
Any advice?

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Another update if anyone is still interested.
My Jeep is still at the dealer collecting dust as it waits for the parts.
Jeep Care hasn’t been much help as they haven’t really stepped up to expedite the delivery of parts either.
Any advice?
I was just going to ask if you had gotten yours back yet. Which part are you still waiting on?
Sponsored