Check Engine Light - Code p0137

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My 2019 (14,555 miles) has been trouble free until the other day. It started idling roughly at a stoplight and then the auto stop start light came on. I shut the car off and shut it back on that cleared itself. Then this morning the check engine light came on and I ran the code and it was P0137. So I went ahead and erased that code, and I guess weā€™ll see if it comes back. I did Google that code and itā€™s an oxygen sensor malfunction code, that apparently is pretty common. I was just wondering if the two somehow could be connected. I googled the first issue of the rough idling and the auto stop start light coming on, and I found someone who had to get their engine re-flashed and that seem to resolve it. If anyone has any thoughts there appreciated Iā€™m taking it in to get the steering box replaced soon and will likely just have them check it over an update anything that needs to be done then.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If it is throwing the O2 sensor code, I would take it in, and have them look at it. Don't just ignore it.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well since your erased the codes it probably wouldn't be worth it to take it in again unless it throws the code again as there is probably nothing for them to see. They will just tell you they couldn't find anything wrong unless you can reproduce the issue for them or it throws the code again.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well since your erased the codes it probably wouldn't be worth it to take it in again unless it throws the code again as there is probably nothing for them to see. They will just tell you they couldn't find anything wrong unless you can reproduce the issue for them or it throws the code again.
It threw it again this morning

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2019 (14,555 miles) has been trouble free until the other day. It started idling roughly at a stoplight and then the auto stop start light came on. I shut the car off and shut it back on that cleared itself. Then this morning the check engine light came on and I ran the code and it was P0137. So I went ahead and erased that code, and I guess weā€™ll see if it comes back. I did Google that code and itā€™s an oxygen sensor malfunction code, that apparently is pretty common. I was just wondering if the two somehow could be connected. I googled the first issue of the rough idling and the auto stop start light coming on, and I found someone who had to get their engine re-flashed and that seem to resolve it. If anyone has any thoughts there appreciated Iā€™m taking it in to get the steering box replaced soon and will likely just have them check it over an update anything that needs to be done then.
Hi Jeff,
We sincerely regret to hear this. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message if you need any assistance while working with your dealer.
Alex
Jeep Cares

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020

My check engine light started flashing on the way into work this past Thursday. I wish I had known then how to see what code it was. It definitely felt like the engine was misfiring. I had hoped it wouldn't be doing that at 437 miles. It's been at the dealer since Thursday (was towed to the nearest dealer). I called this morning and I have a feeling they haven't even looked at it. I was told the "technician was still diagnosing the problem but he was off today and won't be back until Monday". I'm just thankful it's not my daily driver.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So it turned out to be a leak in the valve cover gasket, leaking into the exhaust, which fouled an oxygen sensor. They fixed it but now I have an oil leak, taking it back in on Monday to fix the new leak. As an aside I did get the new steering box put in which is amazing.

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
My check engine light started flashing on the way into work this past Thursday. I wish I had known then how to see what code it was. It definitely felt like the engine was misfiring. I had hoped it wouldn't be doing that at 437 miles. It's been at the dealer since Thursday (was towed to the nearest dealer). I called this morning and I have a feeling they haven't even looked at it. I was told the "technician was still diagnosing the problem but he was off today and won't be back until Monday". I'm just thankful it's not my daily driver.
Please do share what you find out from your service visit as my 2021 JLU Sport Manual with 300 miles is also having similar issue. The engine ran very rough and was hesitant before the check engine light came on. Scanned the code P219B (air fuel ratio imbalance) today.
Dealer service appointment is this Wednesday so we shall see.

Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Please do share what you find out from your service visit as my 2021 JLU Sport Manual with 300 miles is also having similar issue. The engine ran very rough and was hesitant before the check engine light came on. Scanned the code P219B (air fuel ratio imbalance) today.
My 2021 Rubicon is having the same issue at 385 miles. Unfortunately, I don't have a service appointment yet since it happened after the dealership service closed. I am also unable to get a code. I have the 3.6 L engine.

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
I stopped by the dealership today to ask if they knew anything. My Jeep was towed to the dealership on 10/15. All they could tell me was that cylinder #4 was misfiring and they haven't been able to figure out why. When I picked up the Jeep on 9/28, I told my wife that the 3.6 Pentastar seemed to have a little "shake" when it was idling. She has a 2016 JKUL with the 3.6 and it runs smoother than the '21 Sport I bought. I'm wondering now if this was part of the reason. I selected the 3.6 because I felt it had more reliability than the other engines being offered now.

I hope this isn't indicative of things to come.

Last edited:

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
My 2021 Rubicon is having the same issue at 385 miles. Unfortunately, I don't have a service appointment yet since it happened after the dealership service closed. I am also unable to get a code. I have the 3.6 L engine.
If it helps build a case, mine was built arouns 9/13. The solid CEL is still on today with the same code P219B. Dealer will try to squeeze me in tomorrow so I will share if I have any news.

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I stopped by the dealership today to ask if they knew anything. My Jeep was towed to the dealership on 10/15. All they could tell me was that cylinder #4 was misfiring and they haven't been able to figure out why. When I picked up the Jeep on 9/28, I told my wife that the 3.6 Pentastar seemed to have a little "shake" when it was idling. She has a 2016 JKUL with the 3.6 and it runs smoother than the '21 Sport I bought. I'm wondering now if this was part of the reason. I selected the 3.6 because I felt it had more reliability than the other engines being offered
now.
I hope this isn't indicative of things to come.
Sucks dealing with this crap only a week after taking a delivery. Did you get a flashing CEL or a solid CEL? I am really hoping itā€™s just a faulty fuel injector that is causing this.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks dealing with this crap only a week after taking a delivery. Did you get a flashing CEL or a solid CEL? I am really hoping itā€™s just a faulty fuel injector that is causing this.
Mine is a solid CEL.
Sponsored