DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Who is going to have the first CB antenna mount for the JL? I need one similar to those made to mount behind the spare tire. I'd like it to have an extra hole for a flag mount for off road parks and sand dunes.

Who will be first? @TeraFlex Suspensions, Smittybilt, @Quadratec @ACE Engineering Extreme Terrain? @Northridge4x4 ? Who wants my money? I ordered a CB today, so I'll need something soon!
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
In before the “you idiot no one uses CB anymore” posts to point out that at least one of Dan’s clubs still does, so deal with it.

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Who is going to have the first CB antenna mount for the JL? I need one similar to those made to mount behind the spare tire. I'd like it to have an extra hole for a flag mount for off road parks and sand dunes.

Who will be first? @TeraFlex Suspensions, Smittybilt, @Quadratec @ACE Engineering Extreme Terrain? @Northridge4x4 ? Who wants my money? I ordered a CB today, so I'll need something soon!
Hey what CB you recommend?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey what CB you recommend?
I'm no expert, but there are lots of good options. I've had the Cobra 75wx and it was great. However, I like the looks and backlighting on the Uniden Bearcat CMX760. It is small, has all the controls and speaker in the mic, and an extended mic cord. It has nice backlit buttons with 7 color options. I hope it is loud enough. I have a full size Bearcat 980 above the mirror in my JK, so sound is no problem, there.

Sponsored

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm no expert, but there are lots of good options. I've had the Cobra 75wx and it was great. However, I like the looks and backlighting on the Uniden Bearcat CMX760. It is small, has all the controls and speaker in the mic, and an extended mic cord. It has nice backlit buttons with 7 color options. I hope it is loud enough. I have a full size Bearcat 980 above the mirror in my JK, so sound is no problem, there.
Thanks I'll check into those models.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks I'll check into those models.
I am fairly new to the CB world but I have watched a few videos and reviews and this might be a good one as well, Uniden Off-Road CMX760.

Reactions: Rob

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Right Channel Radio
A0B55C70-816F-43D1-B5AB-75B420FF9CB3.jpeg
is going to let me know as soon as the spare tire mounts are available. Here are the wire configurations if you have the Tow Package. I’m not sure if you will get just the Direct to Battery wire and the Ignition/Accessory Wire if you don’t have the Tow Package.

The wires are under the glovebox area:

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Right Channel Radio
is going to let me know as soon as the spare tire mounts are available. Here are the wire configurations if you have the Tow Package. I’m not sure if you will get just the Direct to Battery wire and the Ignition/Accessory Wire if you don’t have the Tow Package.

Appreciate all the advice and help. I ordered the tow package to make the wiring easier. Right Channel Radio is a great resource for everything I'll be needing. What are your recommendations on mounting locations? I'd like to keep it out of site as much as possible. In a location close to the wiring switches. The Uniden CMX760 looks like it would be easy to do this. Also, is mounting the antenna on the spare tire mount the recommended location for ease of installation and reception?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right Channel Radio

Great! This should be pretty straight forward for powering it up. I'm mounting the base unit somewhere under the passenger side dash.

Did Right Channel Radio give you any guess as to the ETA for that antenna mount? I'm going to go with a portable magnetic antenna on the cowl in front of the windshield until something permanent comes along.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Right Channel Radio

So based on this diagram since I am new to CB world how would you wire it? Obviously it doesn’t need a 40A aux connection. I am confused 6 wires for 4 aux connections......

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Appreciate all the advice and help. I ordered the tow package to make the wiring easier. Right Channel Radio is a great resource for everything I'll be needing. What are your recommendations on mounting locations? I'd like to keep it out of site as much as possible. In a location close to the wiring switches. The Uniden CMX760 looks like it would be easy to do this. Also, is mounting the antenna on the spare tire mount the recommended location for ease of installation and reception?
No problem Rob! As far as mounting, really anywhere on the passenger side would be good. There is a lot of room down on the right passenger side where your right foot would be, there is a space that it can been hidden there, or under the dash. Both those places will be close to the wiring. I got the Cobra 75

Reactions: Rob

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Great! This should be pretty straight forward for powering it up. I'm mounting the base unit somewhere under the passenger side dash.

Did Right Channel Radio give you any guess as to the ETA for that antenna mount? I'm going to go with a portable magnetic antenna on the cowl in front of the windshield until something permanent comes along.
They said March early April for Teraflex Mount. They are going to check with other manufacturers to see if they can get something earlier and let me know. I will probably wait on the Teraflex.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They said March early April for Teraflex Mount. They are going to check with other manufacturers to see if they can get something earlier and let me know. I will probably wait on the Teraflex.
Yeah, me, too, if they include an extra hole for a flag. I think Smittybilt does that with their JK mount. We have The Badlands off road park nearby and they require flags. I've got to have a place to mount one. I might, however, be able to do something with one on the front steel bumper.
Sponsored