Cat Problems

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
GreyFox, he was a very loving cat. He was just a little weird and had an attitude! I could not get him to come inside one summer night and the coyotes got him. Sad day.
I have a stray who hangs around outside. He adopted us ;) I live in the country too and have seen the coyote prints next to the house, so I try to put Sylvester up in the garage at night. But, I did put a litter box out there for him. He has never peed anywhere he sleeps. I just didn't enjoy cleaning up his pee and poop each morning:surprised:. He likes to use a small corner where the garage door and wall meet:CWL: His favorite place to sleep is on the hood:like:

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
Someone wrote that cats won't pee in a vehicle if they sleep in it. As the owner of five indoor cats who all needed a home, I respectfully disagree. I had a Tonkinese that loved to pee in my TJ floors then sleep in the seat above it. I bought Husky liners that held all the pee without it getting on the carpet. The bigger problem was the claw sharpening on the front seats. They will over time shred cloth. I tried one of the cab covers but it smelled different so he would stand on the hood and spray it. In my experience the only way to keep them out is top up, doors on and windows up. The only way to keep them off is to park in a garage and don't let them in. I built a separate garage for my jeep and vette and declared it a no cat zone.
Yup, I had similar issues with a motorcycle sidecar rig.
Cat(s) would sleep/lay on the sidecar seat, but pee down in the nose cone area.
Tonneau cover fixed the peeing inside, though I would still find evidence that they were laying on the cover.

Oh yea, Coyotes eventually resolved all the cat issues.

Last edited:

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Don't get me wrong, I love cats and have 5 so far..

But I'm having problems with street cats sleeping in the JL when it's stripped..

Tried the rear netting, no luck.. tried the car cover, no luck... they seem to really love the JL.. keep waking up to their grubby lil paw prints all over the seats.. don't mind the sleeping but just scared if they pee..

Wondering if anyone had similar issues and how they rectified the problem
We live for our cats and Jeeps but not so much for our neighbors cats, we love them also. SO, on Amazon, there are these clear plastic matts that you plug in. You can plug them into your cigarette lighter. The have a very tiny amount of voltage that goes through the matts. They are not unsightly but they work. When the cats jump on them they give off a tiny amount of shock, Dont worry, very low voltage, they are made for cats climbing on furniture. They hate the way the buzz feels on their paws and they will never climb in the jeep again. You might need 2 of them, they come in different sizes. Just type in electric cat matt for furniture. Different brands will come up, any will work. Cats also hate tin foil. So if you can stand putting it on your seats and dealing with how ugly tin foil is, they may have the same reaction. Another idea, is a device with batteries that has a motion sensor. It senses an animal and squirts water at it. That is also on Amazon. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
F

FYI ! had a problem with squirrels. Went out one morning and he or it was sitting on my front bumper. Did not want to physically do away with him, being the nice guy I am. I went and purchased moth balls. Spread them all around and under the jeep and jetta.. No more squirrels. They don't like moth balls neither does anything else. Doesn't work for snakes. However if I see another squirrel, no more mister nice guy. Also works in garage, no bugs no daddy long legs or mice.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
We live for our cats and Jeeps but not so much for our neighbors cats, we love them also. SO, on Amazon, there are these clear plastic matts that you plug in. You can plug them into your cigarette lighter. The have a very tiny amount of voltage that goes through the matts. They are not unsightly but they work. When the cats jump on them they give off a tiny amount of shock, Dont worry, very low voltage, they are made for cats climbing on furniture. They hate the way the buzz feels on their paws and they will never climb in the jeep again. You might need 2 of them, they come in different sizes. Just type in electric cat matt for furniture. Different brands will come up, any will work. Cats also hate tin foil. So if you can stand putting it on your seats and dealing with how ugly tin foil is, they may have the same reaction. Another idea, is a device with batteries that has a motion sensor. It senses an animal and squirts water at it. That is also on Amazon. Hope this helps.
Someone has watched too much Stephen King's Cat's Eye:LOL:

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
A while ago my family had 2 of the best dogs ever.
Dad liked to change his own oil and antifreeze flush.
He left the drained anti freeze in the pan in the garage and over night both dogs drank the antifreeze and passed within 15 minutes.(not a good sight for little ones)

The other day I noticed the neighbor changing his antifreeze and his dog was about to drink it when he was not looking. Told him my story and he was not aware that antifreeze can be fatal to animals.

So if they changed the antifreeze smell to prevent this, why was the dog still going to drink it?

Another sad event was my dad went to crank up the jeep to warm it up and all the kids saw was a cat that was asleep under the radiator fan assembly shoot out screaming, and staggered into oncoming traffic on the street in front of our house and was done.

brownie17

First Name
Alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda insight
Getting a big dog to guard the grounds is a great idea, lol. I can still offer you to love cats and put them stylish cat tree, which will look very cute in your yard. They will sleep on it and leave your jeep alone. So, car tents which I see in the comments, don't cover the entire surface of the car, so I do not know how it'll fix the problem of cat paws on the hood.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaxForsyth

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I think it's real to have a hamster and a dog. The main thing you need to take care of fleas, if there are any, as they can easily jump on the body of a small rodent. You probably know what terrible diseases fleas can carry so I won't go into details. I have a dog and it somehow suffered from the presence of fleas. My veterinarian advised me to use a natural collar as seen on DEWEL ™ PRO and protect the dog from fleas. It really helped my dog and it feels great.

Last edited:

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
A while ago my family had 2 of the best dogs ever.
Dad liked to change his own oil and antifreeze flush.
He left the drained anti freeze in the pan in the garage and over night both dogs drank the antifreeze and passed within 15 minutes.(not a good sight for little ones)

The other day I noticed the neighbor changing his antifreeze and his dog was about to drink it when he was not looking. Told him my story and he was not aware that antifreeze can be fatal to animals.

So if they changed the antifreeze smell to prevent this, why was the dog still going to drink it?

Another sad event was my dad went to crank up the jeep to warm it up and all the kids saw was a cat that was asleep under the radiator fan assembly shoot out screaming, and staggered into oncoming traffic on the street in front of our house and was done.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Here is a good one for you. First of all, I don’t like cats. I opened my front door one morning and a cat(kitten) ran off the porch and ran under my jeep. I put out a saucer of milk and it came out drank the milk. This went on for a couple of days. Then next day more milk same routine. Later that day went for a drive of 32 miles to Lowe’s. Came out of Lowe’s, saw the cat under the jeep tried to catch it but disappeared under the veh. I drove home 32 miles. Next morning there it was on the porch looking for it’s handout. Could not catch the little rascal. I drove 3 blocks down the road to the community cafe for a beer. Started to leave there’s the cat again. A lady in the cafe said it’s a calico and most are females. Long story short she managed to walk right up and pick the cat up. Happy ending, she became the proud owner of a cat. That cat got around. I know there’s a moral to this story somehow.
Sponsored