Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm loving the Jeep cat pics..

Tried the dirty dog netting and the tarp.. they haven't peed in there yet but I had a previous car that a cat peed in and there's no getting that smell out.. had to replace the seat..
This is Kai. He keeps the strange cats away.
20191003_182347.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
KinderMojo

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like the Mopar cab cover has done the trick, no paw prints for 3 days.. but i had my freedom tops resting against a wall and the hot head liner got sprayed.. Must've been out of spite because they couldn't get into the jeep.. Cant win with these guys...

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Don't get me wrong, I love cats and have 5 so far..

But I'm having problems with street cats sleeping in the JL when it's stripped..

Tried the rear netting, no luck.. tried the car cover, no luck... they seem to really love the JL.. keep waking up to their grubby lil paw prints all over the seats.. don't mind the sleeping but just scared if they pee..

Wondering if anyone had similar issues and how they rectified the problem
There’s not a ton you can do but you can try double sided tape. Cats hate sticky things on their paws. We use this clear double tape on furniture but how you’d use it on an outdoor car I’m not sure.

Good luck.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Seems like the Mopar cab cover has done the trick, no paw prints for 3 days.. but i had my freedom tops resting against a wall and the hot head liner got sprayed.. Must've been out of spite because they couldn't get into the jeep.. Cant win with these guys...
Remove the headliner and throw it out. Cat urine is nearly impossible to remove and even if you can’t smell it they can and it will signal them all that this is a toilet.

once removed DOUSE the panel in an enzyme cleaner like natures miracle.... many times.

We have cats. I love them, but their piss is the stuff of nightmares.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
We had to get rid of our last cat because she would piss everywhere. Took her to a local farm and let her go, now you can piss where ever you want ya little bitch.

After that i had to rip out carpet and kilz the floors many times which got rid of most of the smell.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
In the past, we had neighbors cats that loved to sleep under our cars/trucks, as well as claw the paint, as they slid down the hoods. The paint scratching was the last straw. I put out a live trap, and some stinky cat food. Within a night or two, the cat/cats were caught. To help them remember me, I set the cat, inside the inside the fence, and let my Ghetto Dog(rescued from ghetto as a puppy), bark and claw at the cage for 15-30 minutes. Then I released them. If that didnt work, and the same one was caught again, the dog got to bark at it some more, and the cat was hosed down completely, before being released. That has done the trick, 90 percent of the time. Only once have I had to drive one about a half mile away, and make it walk back. All cat problems solved. Oh, we sometimes have coyotes frequent the neighborhood at night, and they will pick off the slow cats. Hawks get a few of the smaller ones too. Btw, I'm a dog person, but like outside cats that dont mess with my vehicles, and are friendly.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont have any problem with the cats inside the jeep because it not open. but the only problem i have is the cats pissing on the tires. why cant the cat learn to piss on the fire hydrant like the dogs do.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Recieved a Quadratec catalog in the mail. This looks like a cheap way to keep them out:

20191207_115810.jpg

Sponsored

Jenga Jeep

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S - Sting Grey
Ahah... Just laughed out loud when I saw this thread!
Street cats love to sleep on my JLU soft top. That's not an issue because they treat their bed nicely (no pee, etc). The big issue is that they developed the taste of sharpening their claws on the spare tire cover! :/ it's full of little holes!
I've given up on this cover but when I replace it, definitely going to get an "anti-cat" spray :)))

Blues

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I put a diffused photo eye on a small board base with a piezo buzzer. I have to run an extension cord to the jeep, and I put it on the front seats and next time in the back. After a couple of episodes the problem goes away for a week or so, but then it comes back. They can be persistent. "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back".

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Someone wrote that cats won't pee in a vehicle if they sleep in it. As the owner of five indoor cats who all needed a home, I respectfully disagree. I had a Tonkinese that loved to pee in my TJ floors then sleep in the seat above it. I bought Husky liners that held all the pee without it getting on the carpet. The bigger problem was the claw sharpening on the front seats. They will over time shred cloth. I tried one of the cab covers but it smelled different so he would stand on the hood and spray it. In my experience the only way to keep them out is top up, doors on and windows up. The only way to keep them off is to park in a garage and don't let them in. I built a separate garage for my jeep and vette and declared it a no cat zone.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Someone wrote that cats won't pee in a vehicle if they sleep in it. As the owner of five indoor cats who all needed a home, I respectfully disagree. I had a Tonkinese that loved to pee in my TJ floors then sleep in the seat above it. I bought Husky liners that held all the pee without it getting on the carpet. The bigger problem was the claw sharpening on the front seats. They will over time shred cloth. I tried one of the cab covers but it smelled different so he would stand on the hood and spray it. In my experience the only way to keep them out is top up, doors on and windows up. The only way to keep them off is to park in a garage and don't let them in. I built a separate garage for my jeep and vette and declared it a no cat zone.
Apparently, your cats hate you:like:

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
GreyFox, he was a very loving cat. He was just a little weird and had an attitude! I could not get him to come inside one summer night and the coyotes got him. Sad day.
Sponsored