First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Don't get me wrong, I love cats and have 5 so far..

But I'm having problems with street cats sleeping in the JL when it's stripped..

Tried the rear netting, no luck.. tried the car cover, no luck... they seem to really love the JL.. keep waking up to their grubby lil paw prints all over the seats.. don't mind the sleeping but just scared if they pee..

Wondering if anyone had similar issues and how they rectified the problem
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Don't get me wrong, I love cats and have 5 so far..

But I'm having problems with street cats sleeping in the JL when it's stripped..

Tried the rear netting, no luck.. tried the car cover, no luck... they seem to really love the JL.. keep waking up to their grubby lil paw prints all over the seats.. don't mind the sleeping but just scared if they pee..

Wondering if anyone had similar issues and how they rectified the problem
Make sure you don't have mice/rats around they could be bringing the cats in.

Why don't you just get a tarp and cover the Jeep?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky :like:
He needs cat pics:rock:
In my experience, cats won't pee on your seats if they're sleeping there.
thatā€™s always been my motto, donā€™t shit where you eat ,and donā€™t pee where you sleep......;).... I can probably rent out Colby, sheā€™s very protective of the Jeep and only sleeps on the outside of it.

17B4C532-DABC-431B-8880-AB40907ED50D.jpeg

84436360-A817-4E7F-A4BA-BEFFB4BEF905.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
thatā€™s always been my motto, donā€™t shit where you eat ,and donā€™t pee where you sleep......;).... I can probably rent out Colby, sheā€™s very protective of the Jeep and only sleeps on the outside of it.

17B4C532-DABC-431B-8880-AB40907ED50D.jpeg
Our Sylvester loves my husband's JKU.

IMG_20190908_105857374.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hope they don't bring fleas.
Good point... out cat gets treated every 2 months and the wife is really diligent about treating the yard, but if itā€™s strays sleeping in there, most likely theyā€™ll have them unless itā€™s to cold.

edit: I just looked where op is from, being to cold, not applicable....:facepalm:

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oh fleas. Yeap. They won't pee in your Jeep. Cats are very clean animals, it is their main line of defense, they always hide their pee and do it far from where they rest so other predators can't find them. Unless they have a UTI or kidney stones, in that case they might pee around.

But yeah fleas is your main concern, and those things are nasty. I had a feral cat sleeping/living in our California semi-open basement and it was great because it kept rats and mice away, but I started noticing I was getting too many "mosquito bites" on my ankles and the itchiness was unbearable any time I went to the basement to get something. Obviously it was fleas and not mosquitoes. Nasty.

Bad news is, when it warms up and fleas start reproducing you will have fleas in the Jeep and they will bite you :puke:. Good news, fleas need a host to survive, and humans ARE NOT hosts, so if you remove the hosts the fleas will eventually die out. So you need to get yourself a cover ASAP and cover your Jeep, if you have fleas in it now don't worry, they'll die. Just make sure if you have pets you treat them, because even though we are not hosts a flea can try to be on you for a few hours and you can bring them in the house, if they find your furry pet, they will infest your house. All feral cats suffer from fleas, so if you don't want to cover your Jeep you're gonna have to trap them and treat them which is what we did with the feline living in our basement.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The life cycle of fleas is several months. "Undisturbed, and without a blood meal, a flea can live more than 100 days" . A good reason to keep your Jeep cat free...
Sponsored