Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Yes it works for both. I bought it on amazon for $119.79
Now looking at Amazon, one of the reviews said it doesn't have anything to attach to if you don't have the gap hider. Although another comment says that is OK. Would you agree that if you don't have the gap hider you could still install it well?

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Just installed them today. I feel it's fine without the gap hider. These will act as a gap hider as well. The only downside is that the large piece in the back will now not connect to anything since it's meant to connect to the gap hider. However, this doesn't feel like it will move/slide at all, so not a problem.

In addition, I ended up cutting the plastic tips off of the large cargo mat that would normally connect into the gap hider. That means mine sits about a half inch closer to the back seat, so there's less of the issue where they kind of stick up where the mats overlap each other in the middle of the back seat.

It almost seems like they might install/fit better in the end with the gap hider removed. Perhaps the only caveat on that is that the gap hider might provide a harder surface than these mats along (but not sure without having a gap hider).

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I do wish the actual cargo floor part of the mat went full width with reliefs for the cargo hooks.

Sponsored

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I never paid much attention to that. Maybe it fits another model as well.
If you're talking about the rubber part that can be cut out, directly below the part you already cut out for the child latch - that is the child latch that matches the back of the cloth seats. I had to cut that one out, and i left the top one in.

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I do wish the actual cargo floor part of the mat went full width with reliefs for the cargo hooks.
Yeah full coverage would be nice. I don't think they can do what you're suggesting because of the trail rail system where the hooks can slide back and forth the full length of the cargo area. I've heard this cargo mat comes with the trail rail system, so it sounds like it was more intended for that (where there's no carpet on the sides) than for the hooks with the carpet.

Overall love the coverage of the backs of the seats though, especially when the seat is folded down.

OP
OP

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
It looks like my cloth configuration is indeed different than the leather. The middle seat is actually even with the others. Not sure why they have a tether in the middle because I don't believe there is a latch system on the middle seat. I wish they would just make a mat for the back. I don't need the back of the seat covered because I have car seats and never fold down. I'm very disappointed with the speed in which the after market parts are coming to market!

IMG_0485.JPG

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed this on my jeep Saturday without much issue.

I didn't have the middle gap hidder, so I just put the clips in the two seat back mats. This worked great and also anchors the bottom piece.

The bottom mat does bow when the seats are in upright position where the gap hidder would normally be. That's because I anchored it while it was laying down, but you can just push the bow inward and it looks fine.

I'll see if I can get photos later today after work.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
82215656AB 2018 Jeep Wrangler Molded Cargo Tray - Cloth Seats - With Gap Hider

AMAZON

I have leather but ran across this for those without Leather.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm getting some Wet Okole Seat covers made so I don't think this is going to work with the extra thickness of the seat cover. Looks like a Husky liner or Weather Tech for me...

TrailRunner

First Name
Travess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Moab Edition
I installed mine just today and noticed the locking tabs keep poping out as you lower or raise the seats as the bend or hinge point is too stiff and moves the entire rear cargo mat forward or rearward. I wish the mat was a bit more pliable.