floor mat cleaning?

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
i have dirty old weather techs. I see you guys speak of 303. I have the protectant and the cleaner coming.

Can I use these on floor mats too? Or is there something else I should be picking up for this job? I read a good brush does wonders.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
i have dirty old weather techs. I see you guys speak of 303. I have the protectant and the cleaner coming.

Can I use these on floor mats too? Or is there something else I should be picking up for this job? I read a good brush does wonders.
I would not... .that stuff costs too much to be using on your WeatherTechs. 303 products are great but expensive..

Over the years, I have found that just plain dish soap and and a not to stiff scrub brush, does the job. Squirt dish soap in onto the mats, add water and let them soak for say 15 min., Then scrub, rinse and pat dry.

For the little catch areas use an old toothbrush.

CAREFUL, never use Bleache White Cleaner or Comet or anything with bleach on WeatherTechs....as they will discolor with bleach exposure.

Also... WeatherTech's are slippery as it is so you want to avoid products that make them slicker.

OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
Hey thanks. Been reading reviews on some products saying the same. That they found they don’t do much better than soap and water.

I will give her a shot.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Assume you mean for the weatherized mats.

I'll drop this just because it's related, but I've used this method for a while on carpet mats. Just cleaned the spouses light tan ones that were very dirty and it was great.

I just lay them out on concrete when I wash the car. Spray them off good first. Fill the soap bucket with carwash soap like normal, then dump it on the mats so they are covered. Let it sit a few minutes, then as an option scrub with a bristly brush if needed. Then just spray off the soap.

GL with the weather techs.
Sponsored