Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Question I see fairly often...what cargo liner is good for a 2 door with the rear seat removed?

I bought this one two years ago, and it's been perfect.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RPB1X1F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has no holes, and lifted edges, so even a liquid spill stays contained. The material is tough, but flexible, even in cold weather. Removing it for scrubbing is a cinch.

Where it really came in handy was this past summer. The raccoons were out in battalion strength, and I was live trapping and transporting them. Total for June througb August was 24. The cargo liner contained everything that fell out of the cage traps, and hosed off easily afterwards.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo liner Raccoon.JPG
Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
i have this one. The only knock is things slide all over on it. Nothing some grip tape doesn't help with. Other than that I like it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L75H8N5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I considered that but I have that subwoofer thing in the back and I run with and without my seat. I ended up buying the Weathertech one but found I didn't need to cut out the area for the subwoofer (I'm not an audiophile) but it sounds fine. Plus, I have one of those table things (Rock Slide) bolted to the back door and I didn't have any issue with it fitting with the floor liner.

On a side note, the Lloyd mats I have in my Eurovan have taken a beating since 2003. This is hauling ski stuff, car parts, kids, mulch, lumber, multitude camping trips and so on. The center mat is really big and even today, a wash and it looks like new.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I considered that but I have that subwoofer thing in the back and I run with and without my seat. I ended up buying the Weathertech one but found I didn't need to cut out the area for the subwoofer (I'm not an audiophile) but it sounds fine. Plus, I have one of those table things (Rock Slide) bolted to the back door and I didn't have any issue with it fitting with the floor liner.

On a side note, the Lloyd mats I have in my Eurovan have taken a beating since 2003. This is hauling ski stuff, car parts, kids, mulch, lumber, multitude camping trips and so on. The center mat is really big and even today, a wash and it looks like new.
I was just looking at the Weathertech one last night, I like that the cutouts are there for the seats. Do you find stuff sliding around the back or is it a textured surface. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The Rugged Ridge one has places to cut if you want to use it with the seat in. I gave away my seat the day I bought the jeep. As it comes, you could pour about a gallon of liquid in therd and still have dry carpet.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The Rugged Ridge one has places to cut if you want to use it with the seat in. I gave away my seat the day I bought the jeep. As it comes, you could pour about a gallon of liquid in therd and still have dry carpet.
Might have to look into that cargo mat, I have the Rugged Ridge front mat set and they've been great!

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was just looking at the Weathertech one last night, I like that the cutouts are there for the seats. Do you find stuff sliding around the back or is it a textured surface. It's hard to tell from the pictures.
It has a textured surface. So far it works pretty well. Only issue was on the initial install. The rear seat did not want to latch down. So I slammed it down and then let it sit that way for a few days. Now it works fine.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has a textured surface. So far it works pretty well. Only issue was on the initial install. The rear seat did not want to latch down. So I slammed it down and then let it sit that way for a few days. Now it works fine.
Thanks! Compared to the others it did look textured from the pictures online. I'll have a lot of stuff back there when we pick ours up in IA and will be traveling back here to AZ and didn't want everything sliding all over. More than likely the rear seats coming out for good once back home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Thanks! Compared to the others it did look textured from the pictures online. I'll have a lot of stuff back there when we pick ours up in IA and will be traveling back here to AZ and didn't want everything sliding all over. More than likely the rear seats coming out for good once back home.
Woohoo! Where in IA?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Woohoo! Where in IA?
Getting my Jeep from Granger. We've never been out that way and with the savings (4% under invoice) that's paying for our trip back here though SD and 2-3 other states.

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I use a thick horse blanket, washable, perfect size and you can pick from 100's of designs/patterns....Yeehaw...besides, sticking with the Wrangler theme makes choosing my pants and hat easy, lol

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I use a Husky liner....has optional cutouts for the cargo loops and rear seat connections, and is as grippy as any others I've seen out there. When I bought it last Spring, the price was much lower than comparable products, especially Weathertech. I had a Husky in my '99 TJ, and it's still there today, looks great, even after years of hard use.
Sponsored