Can't find the current speaker specs

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
From my understanding the OEM, non Alpine, amp is an 8 channel amplifier with built in audio processing. There is a set of 4” and 3.5”, maybe 2”, in the front and sound bar. The 4” is in a ported enclosure and has a low pass filter to cut out most of the mid and all the high range. The smaller speaker has a high pass filter that cuts out most of the bass. I don’t believe the 4” has a crossover on the low end, cutting out the bass. You could add a “bass blocker” capacitor if you were going to use the OEM speakers.
Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
From my understanding the OEM, non Alpine, amp is an 8 channel amplifier with built in audio processing. There is a set of 4” and 3.5”, maybe 2”, in the front and sound bar. The 4” is in a ported enclosure and has a low pass filter to cut out most of the mid and all the high range. The smaller speaker has a high pass filter that cuts out most of the bass. I don’t believe the 4” has a crossover on the low end, cutting out the bass. You could add a “bass blocker” capacitor if you were going to use the OEM speakers.
Gonna use the speakers for now but cross them over from the sub, or use a bassblocker if needed

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
I just pulled the OEM dash speaker. It’s 8 Ohms and 15 Watts. The hole in the dash is 80mm in diameter.
Sponsored