NAV can't find my home town

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Just after getting my 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR with UConnect 4C NAV in Idaho, I entered Federal Way, Washington in the search. It could not find the city of Federal Way, which has existed for many years. It could only find a street called Federal Way in Sunnyside, WA. I had to go to the map and find Federal Way on the map itself and create the route.

Has anyone else had similar experience with the NAV not being able to locate a city?
Sponsored

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Walter - I just tried this in my 2018 JL and was able to find Federal Way. I suspect you may have missed the fact that you first have to select the state you want the nav system to search in - especially since you said you were in Idaho. By default, I think it only searches in the current state. After going to "Where To", make sure you first set the state to Washington. When I did that, and started to enter the city name, the first city that popped up when I entered "F" was Federal Way.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Walter-new jeeper

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Walter - I just tried this in my 2018 JL and was able to find Federal Way. I suspect you may have missed the fact that you first have to select the state you want the nav system to search in - especially since you said you were in Idaho. By default, I think it only searches in the current state. After going to "Where To", make sure you first set the state to Washington. When I did that, and started to enter the city name, the first city that popped up when I entered "F" was Federal Way.
Hope this helps.
Ah, gotcha. It was my first time using it, so got a bit of learning to do. Not like the Maps app on the iPhone. However, it did find a street by that name in Sunnyside, Washington. So it did find something in Washington, just not what I wanted.
Sponsored