Can't Decide, UGH! Help Please

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I’m with @Wingman on this. Besides imho a Jeep looks way better with no top or doors when you want to run it that way. :)

62090623-CF90-4D90-B3DD-4F6C3CBF5823.jpeg
And the cat! I know I always comment on the cat but she's just so damn cute:involve:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And the cat! I know I always comment on the cat but she's just so damn cute:involve:
She’s something else, I’ve never seen an animal so obsessed with a vehicle before, soon as it comes out of garage( garage in backyard) her she comes. :facepalm:....:)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I wouldn't spend the extra money on the one touch top.

I would choose soft top or hard top. Either will allow you open air when you want it.

As for soft top in the winter, these aren't the old school flapping in the wind, frost bite inducing, ear deafening tops. The new soft top is just as quiet and warm as the hard top is. I went soft top this time and have been very impressed.

Last edited:

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
I agree with @Carlton. We went Premium Soft Top only here in CT after my wife realized how easy it is to operate and how (relatively) quiet it is on the highway going 70 mph. We were all in on the power top until we tested the PST. Plus, that gave us $3000+ for modifications. Either way, you are going to love your choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
Thanks guys, the $$$ really isn't a factor (employee lease rates are great) and I won't be doing much of any mods since it's lease.

I don't think the hard top freedom panels are enough open air for us...so ONLY hard top isn't really an option since I know I won't ever take it off completely.

Soft top only is an option....but I love the look of the hard top (color matched) and the Sky touch kind of gives you that as well as a "soft" top

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I'm in Ohio so our warm season is short like yours.
I'd go with the sunrider for Freedom tops. Take your panels off store them away for the short warm season. Flip it back whenever you want.
Then you wont have to store a hard top. Through your Freedom panels back on for the winter.
Best part is you dont need any storage space.

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Thanks guys, the $$$ really isn't a factor (employee lease rates are great) and I won't be doing much of any mods since it's lease.

I don't think the hard top freedom panels are enough open air for us...so ONLY hard top isn't really an option since I know I won't ever take it off completely.

Soft top only is an option....but I love the look of the hard top (color matched) and the Sky touch kind of gives you that as well as a "soft" top

Completely off topic but the fact you are not buying a Jeep is a missed opportunity to call it Wonderboy...

Carry on.

Sponsored

BlueSV650

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm also in Michigan. Got the standard soft top only. Great lease deal on a 2018 so I took it. It is louder than the hard top but still not too bad and the heat easily warms the interior. I know I'll have the top either back or off as soon as it hits 50 without rain. It is very convenient.

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I went prom soft top only - but that just cause I don't have a place to store the hardtop and I ran into this problem with my JK and never used my soft top. personally I am not a fan of the one touch top because it isn't the same look at if the soft top was down. its basiclaly a soft top panoramic top - it seemed like it would look funny if I took my door offs and did the top down, but I haven't seen a pic of that so its just a guess.

personally if you know you want to run a hard top and you have a place to store it for summer months then I would go dual top - you won't regret it.

Cuse2003

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I am really struggling with this decision . This will be my first Jeep coming from a Grand Cherokee. I really like the idea of a soft top fully down in the summer Seems like you don't get the same open air feeling with the sky one touch and the back window in place.

I really don't want to go soft top year round since I live in Syracuse with our freezing weather and 150 inches of snow The jeep will not be in a garage either.

Love the potential convenience of the sky top but just don't want to miss the "full experience" of running a hard/soft top jeep. Problem is I don't know what I will be really missing since I never had one!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I really wanted to go Sky One-Touch when I first heard about it, but it has drawbacks. Personally I wanted the ability to go topless (or at least close) in the summer, but a defroster and wiper in the winter. If the Sky One-Touch was more like a MyTop (https://mytop.us) then maybe, but I preferred the dual-tops option.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I would have gotten dual top, but I found what I was looking for that was fully loaded and the color I wanted...(except the dual top of course just my luck- only hard top). I have had my JL since Feb 2018 and I live in central California. I thought I would purchase a soft top..maybe someday-not in a hurry.

Here is what I do and I love it:
April to October-HARD TOP OFF(no soft top either)... so very nice & fun..7 months
November to March- HARD TOP ON....so nice..5 months(a must for me as it is cold rainy season here in central CA.)

The key is making it easy to remove,store,and put the hard top back on by yourself. With my current system I can do that in 15 minutes. 2 car garage with hard top stored out of the way.

Just do what works best for your location and life style.....so many options for us.

D69212FF-7E97-480D-A752-5278BF498A66.jpeg

1502CE62-59D5-4A54-A89B-620876281C14.jpeg
Sponsored