Cancelled Factory Order

Jamroxorz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Been creeping the forums while waiting for our Fully Loaded JLUR which we factory ordered Aug 9. We expected a long wait, no problem. We received news today that order cannot be completed and is cancelled because they can't include the Cold Weather Package and One touch sky roof.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this, I guess we don't have an option either than to wait for MY 22 orders to open up? Thanks!
Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Been creeping the forums while waiting for our Fully Loaded JLUR which we factory ordered Aug 9. We expected a long wait, no problem. We received news today that order cannot be completed and is cancelled because they can't include the Cold Weather Package and One touch sky roof.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this, I guess we don't have an option either than to wait for MY 22 orders to open up? Thanks!
Did you ever receive a VIN (D-Status)?

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

That stinks! Sounds like you and I ordered the exact same JLUR (fully loaded with SkyOne touch and Cold Weather Package. I ordered 6/23 and have received confirmation that it will be on dealer lot no later than 9/04. I’m really glad I ordered when I did.

Good news for you is that you will be able to order a 2022 now. :rock:

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Odd, must be some kind of temporary restriction. My 4xe jlur with cold weather pack and the sky one touch top is in shipping now.

OP
OP

Jamroxorz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I was surprised they wouldn’t just keep my order and fulfill it when they have the parts. Dealership said I could order again without the 2 options, but that’s a deal breaker for us. Hopefully it won’t be a problem for the 2022.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Supply chain constraints don’t typically last very long , but in this case looks to be long enough to push you to a 2022.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I was surprised they wouldn’t just keep my order and fulfill it when they have the parts. Dealership said I could order again without the 2 options, but that’s a deal breaker for us. Hopefully it won’t be a problem for the 2022.
Sounds odd that they would actually cancel your order, rather than just build it when the parts become available.
Back in 2018 when I ordered mine, I ordered it not to be built until the MY switchover date in December so I would get a MY2019, and that's exactly what I got, for the 2018 price. Wasn't an issue with either the dealer or FCA.
Last month I ordered some heavy iron to be built and delivered in July 2022 for the July 2021 price. Again it wasn't a problem with either the dealer or the manufacturer (Daimler Benz in this case).
To my way of thinking, there is something amiss in that transaction experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jamroxorz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sounds odd that they would actually cancel your order, rather than just build it when the parts become available.
Back in 2018 when I ordered mine, I ordered it not to be built until the MY switchover date in December so I would get a MY2019, and that's exactly what I got, for the 2018 price. Wasn't an issue with either the dealer or FCA.
Last month I ordered some heavy iron to be built and delivered in July 2022 for the July 2021 price. Again it wasn't a problem with either the dealer or the manufacturer (Daimler Benz in this case).
To my way of thinking, there is something amiss in that transaction experience.
Should I call FCA Canada and provide my VON number and see if they cancelled it, will they provide that information? I hope my dealership isn't trying to play games with me.

OP
OP

Jamroxorz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ended up just calling FCA Canada. The lady was nice but didn't have concrete information. She said she has been hearing of them cancelling orders to switch production over to MY22, but then I told her the dealership said it was cancelled cause of the two packages. So she mentioned all the chip shortages possibly causing cancellations. She also wasn't able to tell me the exact timeline 22 Orders will open, so I gotta keep a look out for news/bug my dealership in the new month. Nothing else I can really do, I just wanted to make sure the dealership wasn't messing with me.
Sponsored