Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would start a thread about the very unique experience of a factory order jeep in Canada. Please share your thoughts and experience with your order

I will go first:
Jeep Canada Factory Order = 'Pinball Wizard' why ? Because I have pretty much felt like a deaf, dumb and blind kid through the whole experience. :)
Canadians have it tough. We don't have any Jeep Chat, no Jeep Cares, No way to track a customer order online.
What we have is an old fashioned telephone call .... to your dealer ... ugg... who has to make another call to retrieve your build status code directly from FCA. Don't hold your breath for any type of elaboration. Just the build status code.

Proud to report that after 37 days in D1 status ... I suddenly went KZ (in transit) overnight. !!!
Never had a build code other than D, D1, then KZ nothing in-between. And never an expected build or delivery date.
But hey .... finally got a jeep on the way. Exciting.

'Mericans gots no clue the hardships Lol.
Sponsored

Frenchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Same here, we go on Jeep chat usa and they told us no information they said call Jeep canada, when we call jeep canada
they have no info they refer us to the dealer your are lucky in the usa.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Yeah, I secretly wished Jay would have a separate Order Tracking database for Canadians. After all, the buyers in the US can get a real time update from Jeep chat.

But you can actually call Jeep customer service in the US. They won't ask for an address. You just give them your VIN and they'll look it up.

Otherwise, you can use :
http://jl.cryptostickers.net/

It'll give you your window sticker and status update once it rolls into the production line.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I've used Jeep chat three times now and have never been turned away when giving them a Canadian address. Also, your dealer can get a written printout containing your status on their system without making a call. Just email them asking for a pdf of the POC (Priced Order Confirmation). I have an arrangement with my dealer to get it once a week. I only use Jeep chat when there are rumours of movement on 2drs and I'm days away from my regular dealer update. They have access to the status of Canadian orders.

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited 2014 and Rubicon JL Unlimited 2018
I went through the pain of Jeep chat and got the same run around every time. Started calling the Jeep customer service on the phone and they never ask for an address so all good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turk

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
based on advice here I tried jeep chat again after being rejected any assistance previously and got an update today with no trouble whatsoever. A week in KZ so far with no planned shipping arrangement

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been on D1 since March. 19 so not too bad. ETA is April 17th which is around what the dealer said the time frame would be. I'm not counting on it though. I've been reading about what some of our neighbours to the south have experienced, and I wouldn't be surprised if my JLU didn't arrive till May.

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well finally making progress. Ordered 2/21. Sat in D for exactly 30 days until 3/20. A week after moving to D1 jeep Chat started telling me the estimated ship date was estimated at April 14 but i was still sitting in D1. I took it all with a grain of salt and sat in D1 until Monday and then i was suddenly in paint. As of last night they are telling me sure enough it will be ready to ship in the next day or two. Starting to see a lot more of the Ocean Blues moving the last week so maybe that has something to do with it.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Well finally making progress. Ordered 2/21. Sat in D for exactly 30 days until 3/20. A week after moving to D1 jeep Chat started telling me the estimated ship date was estimated at April 14 but i was still sitting in D1. I took it all with a grain of salt and sat in D1 until Monday and then i was suddenly in paint. As of last night they are telling me sure enough it will be ready to ship in the next day or two. Starting to see a lot more of the Ocean Blues moving the last week so maybe that has something to do with it.
How did you contact Jeep chat? Was it US site?

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started calling the Jeep Chat number on the phone. The online chat never worked for me

Sponsored

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
Happy to say that ordered on Friday, got the VIN today. Dealer says shipping date May 4th...I am more realistic than that, unless they fired up the 2.0 production line on the week-end down in Ohio.

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone ordering from Toronto have a stop in Grand Marais along the way? how long did it take to get here from there?

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
We signed the deal on our Punk'n JLU Sahara last Sunday, April 29 and the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) was entered and printed off that same day.

The POC has a status of BA - Pending order and a VON number (whatever that is).

How long does it typically take until you get a VIN and what other Status Codes might I see as this goes through the process?

What is the typical wait time until it's built and ships?

All this suspense is not good for a guy's blood pressure. :crying:

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
How long does it typically take until you get a VIN and what other Status Codes might I see as this goes through the process?
Status "D" - VIN assigned. Descriptor says "Firm schedule" but there is no schedule at this point. Usually occurs within days of order.
Status "D1" - Vehicle is scheduled for build. No predictable duration to reach this point and could be days to months.
Status "E" - Build start, usually 3 weeks after D1.
Status "F" - Paint - usually 1 day after "E".
Status "G" - Assembly - usually same day as "F"
Status "I" - Only applies if you fail inspection and repairs are required. Could be days to weeks.
Status "JB" - Only applies if you ordered headliners or other such trim. Done by third party that can take days to weeks.
Status "KZ" - Released for shipping. Usually occurs within 1 day of "G" if you don't go to "I" or JB".
What is the typical wait time until it's built and ships?
Shipping to Canada generally takes 2-4 weeks depending on distance and rail car availability. Some have waited months. Total time from order to delivery can range from 6 weeks (rare), to in my case, 19 weeks. My circumstance is unique to early 2dr orders and would be at the extreme end of the range.
All this suspense is not good for a guy's blood pressure. :crying:
If you want some release from the suspense, you can sign up for one of two paid tracking services - a spreadsheet on this site and a tracking thread on Jeepgarage.org. The former is $20USD and the latter is $25USD. I'm on both and recommend the latter. I paid for the service on Jeepgarage and then signed up for free on this site before they started charging. I was concerned that the former was showing no movement. Turns out, there was no movement.

As much as I support this site, their tracking service of late is not up to the standard of Jeepgarage. They don't provide the same level of detail and the time between updates has been around 2 days of late. Jeepgarage updates 2-3 times per day.

Last edited:

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a VIN quickly but then sat around in D status for 30 days, then D1 for 2 weeks. The actual build takes a few days but depending on what options you get and if they are available etc. you could get stranded in all sorts of spots including sitting in storage waiting to be shipped. I ended up at a bit over 10 weeks to Toronto (transport is by truck) but if not for this forum and the tracker and bugging jeep chat all the time I am not sure i would have survived
Sponsored