Sponsored

Can Rubicons be ordered without BFG KO2 tires?

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Can Rubicons be ordered with the more street friendly tires rather than the off-road tires? (Before you bite my head off by pointing out the obvious that Rubicon's ARE for off-roading my thought process is that I'd like to get one with more factory wheels / "street" tires for daily driving and get more "aggressive" wheels / tires for off roading / winter situations.)
KO2 tires are some of the best AT tires you can purchase.

I have had a set on every wrangler and truck i have owned, and will keep that tradition alive until something better becomes available.

Excellent all around tire and superb in the snow. Being from wisconsin i would think thats something that would be preferred by you.

I dont understand why someone would want to trade outstanding AT tires for something smaller and inferior.

But to each their own
Sponsored

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
You can order white whalls?
No.

Tires that the lettering is black is facing outwards, or the tire is reversed and the white lettering is facing outwards.

Same tire, just flipped around

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You can order white whalls?
No.

Tires that the lettering is black is facing outwards, or the tire is reversed and the white lettering is facing outwards.

Same tire, just flipped around
There are two different tires. From what I can tell from BFG’s website they are the same part number plus either “RWL” or “RBL” sidewalls. So raised white letter or raised black letters. I have black sidewalls and there are no white letters on the inside.

If you want white walls you have to order that option or buy one that has them equipped.

If you build and price a Rubicon on Jeep.com you will see the option on the “exterior” page.

3CEFFB23-1E28-4314-831D-786BF5F87CDF.png

66E780A6-AEFC-47BD-A978-406EE3994C04.png

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
You can , its called the wrangler sport. It comes with smooth quiet street tires and less of the other noisy expensive off road things you can’t use on a Rubicon with street tires.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Can Rubicons be ordered with the more street friendly tires rather than the off-road tires? (Before you bite my head off by pointing out the obvious that Rubicon's ARE for off-roading my thought process is that I'd like to get one with more factory wheels / "street" tires for daily driving and get more "aggressive" wheels / tires for off roading / winter situations.)
Why in heavens name would you want a RUBICON without all terrains or muds?!! The KO2's are amazing tires...what's your reason? And why not get a Sahara??

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't give the dealer the satisfaction of ripping you off by letting them just swap. You're better off taking the Rubicon as delivered and then picking up a set of Sahara takeoffs on the cheap. I've seen new sets of five going for $800 and under, Sports even less.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I think any of these looks would look great on your Rubicon.

KO2 is a great tire. The MRs. and I like them better than the tires that came on the Sahara. Off road they are great as well aired down.

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on a Rubi with KO2's. Just got done with two trips, one was 12 hours each way, and the other was 5 hours each way on 37" KO2's, the ride couldn't have been smoother on any other Jeep tire and the road noise was minimal. I even rode for hours with no music or radio blaring, just me and my thoughts.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I agree. Our Sahara came with 18” street tires. I put on a set of Rubi takeoffs with K02’s and I actually prefer it.
Did the same except my Sahara was optioned with Bridgestone A/Ts and I had the dealer swap in Rubicon takeoffs pre-delivery. Traded a mediocre A/T for the best-in-class, and the only one rated for snow.

The KO2s are great street tires too. Better than any other tire offered on the JL.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Why...those ko2s are probably themost streetAble tires. Quiet, and offer high milesge...60 to 80k.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
2nd KO2, and they also have extreme long lifespan, something like 50-60k miles.
Sponsored