OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Best all around AT tire on the market. Amazing in the snow and ice. Great in everything off-road except mud.
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
KO2 tires or good tires. Zero issues again I do light trails and lots of highway driving.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
KO2's work great in the mud and sand, no rock experience. I put them through the ringer several times in some really thick stuff, thought for sure I was going to get stuck, but they haven't let me down yet. Diffs locked and high rpm's is the key. You can run them through sand dunes, or foot deep cow slop and then hop on the freeway and chew some miles. Well rounded tire.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ive taken them off road about 7 times now. so cal off roading. no sharp rocks, but rocks. lots of road miles. no issues. been holding up great. great multi purpose tire.

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Quick input here.. “The KO2 is the Rolex of off-road tires” - Statement from one of the most popular tire dealers in L.A. “Tires Buy Mark”. And, I fully agree to it.

So, don’t save on tires..

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I hate them.

They pickup rocks like crazy. A ride on a gravel road = a good 15 minutes with a screwdriver to pry the stuck rocks from between the tread blocks.

Their interlocking tread design causes hydroplaning due to the fact that water has no quick escape. Same in the winter in slush.

If you live in winter climate, the same closed tread design packs with snow and you end-up with big donuts and no traction.

Check the Good Year Duratracs or I'm pretty satisfied with my current Toyo open country AT3.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I hate them.

They pickup rocks like crazy. A ride on a gravel road = a good 15 minutes with a screwdriver to pry the stuck rocks from between the tread blocks.

Their interlocking tread design causes hydroplaning due to the fact that water has no quick escape. Same in the winter in slush.

If you live in winter climate, the same closed tread design packs with snow and you end-up with big donuts and no traction.

Check the Good Year Duratracs or I'm pretty satisfied with my current Toyo open country AT3.
Yes, when new, they throw rocks like a playground bully!

They do get significantly better as they wear, though. Mine quit throwing the high volume of rocks at about 15k miles or so and until I took them off at about 45k, they weren't any worse than even mud tires I've had. I never felt they hydroplaned badly, though.

I've driven Jeeps with Duratracs and KO2's back to back in the snow and find little difference unless the snow is deep. That's where the Duratracs took over, but with a more aggressive tread, that should not be a surprise. On packed snow, I found the KO2 to be excellent and every bit as good as the Duratrac.

I've heard good things about those Toyos, too. But I've never experienced them.
Sponsored