Camp Kitchens & Storage

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Plan on getting off road more, and camping/overloading as-is with my 19' JLU Rubicon to see what it will do stock. Mods will include, some lighting, winch (have the steel stock bumpers) and some interior items. What I am looking for though eventually is building out the back of the jeep to accomplish the following:

• Maintain day to day grocery getting and family stuff
  • Keep it simple, but functional. My OCD will kick in badly with a pile of stuff in the back that is not organized
  • Move from stack-able boxes to more of a drawer style tailgate/boot area
  • Keep seating for 4 (at least until the kids are off to college - 2 years)
First thought is to get a shelf put in to add more floor / flat space in the back space. Then I am looking for a drawer system (like ARBs) to install, with eventually a fridge and kitchen set up (pantry, kitchen items), with awning for sun shade (a least a pop up insta-up canopy).

Looked at a lot of the current offerings which are understandably (or not) pricey. Would like to see some set ups, as well as get some suggestions of what to look at. Been all over web sites, and Youtube as well...

thanks
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
In my experience, having a fridge and boxes, I think that you will find that these things eat up a bunch of space. If you are looking to maintain some storage space in the cargo area, I would consider tailgate table and run boxes until the kids are gone and your vehicle becomes more of a full time set up. I have a slide mounted to the passenger rear for my fridge in my JLUR, but I take the fridge out most of the time to have some space for every day stuff. There is a milk crate with my tools, shovel etc. back there too, this eats up space fast, because if I wanted to run a soft top, I would lose some storage space provided by my XG Cargo bags.

You, I suspect are going to run into a similar situation, recovery gear and tools, kitchen, camp gear and chairs, etc.... it all takes up space. I have been looking for a good solution for under the rear seats, other than just stuffing stuff under them, because we suffer from the same OCD.
Sponsored