First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
No regrets for buying. Got a great Jeep at a great price with fantastic customer service from my dealer. 12,000 miles on it in less than a calendar year. It’s more noteworthy when I mention that I’ve been assigned overseas since October 2018 and nobody else drives it (although my sister Jeep-sat it for me while awaiting delivery of her ‘19 JLR and added a thousand.)

Been well worth it and I can’t wait to get home and take it out to play.
Sponsored

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
Came from a stock 05 GTO, which i liked, had a lot of fun with. It however was due for tires, and all of the suspension was worn.
Ordered a 19 sport 6spd. have put 15000 miles on it since december. Gone off road a couple times, first time doing this and loved it. went to the beach and drove on the beach, loved that. absolutely love putting the top down and cruising.
unfortunately mine is having some of the issues others are, and i need to get it in....
the stuttering under light acceleration.
satellite cutting out periodically.
and one vent on the driver side seems to blow towards the roof regardless of which way you have it pointed. pretty odd.

other then these couple things i love it.

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
Old thread, but here goes: The Wrangler is like wearing hiking boots wherever you go. They look great and are so versatile, but once the novelty wears off...they're just clumsy, gas-guzzling toys. Sure the off-roading is awesome, but day to day driving? Nah. Mine just stays in the garage during the week while I take my other cars to work and around town. Not really getting the value out of a $40K+ vehicle, so yes. BTW, this is my sixth Wrangler.

Last edited:

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
^^^
Interesting comments that mirrored my feelings about my former JKs.
I find the JL to be a much better DD than my former JKs, the TJ notwithstanding.
I had buyers remorse shortly after my JKs, but not with my former TJ or my new JL.
The JL is the cat’s a$$. The steering is on point! It handles much better than my old JKs/TJ. Love this JL!
I added a dead pedal and now it’s a great/pleasurable DD. I’m averaging 22 mpg on my 2.0 JL. This thing just rocks...
No buyers remorse here...
Cheers/B

sbgmed

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude
I have had a couple of problems with the radio and back up camera that came up but went away by themselves before I could take it back to the dealer for review. I have owned BMWs, Mercedes and Lexus' over the years but have never has so much fun with a vehicle than my Sahara Altitude with the retractable roof. Just can't wait to get in it and go for a drive. I wish I would have become a Jeep guy years ago, and I could have saved a fortune on those luxury cars.

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
More recently I wished I'd just gone for a hard top after a very windy multi-hour drive with the family. If it was just me I'd have just turned the music up until I didn't hear it, but can't do that with them.

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
More recently I wished I'd just gone for a hard top after a very windy multi-hour drive with the family. If it was just me I'd have just turned the music up until I didn't hear it, but can't do that with them.
Man, I went to school in Lubbock and I know about the wind. Same here on the hardtop, but I wanted a rare Wrangler and had to take what I could. Looking for a used hardtop, but may have to fork over $3500 for a new one.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Man, I went to school in Lubbock and I know about the wind. Same here on the hardtop, but I wanted a rare Wrangler and had to take what I could. Looking for a used hardtop, but may have to fork over $3500 for a new one.
Haha yep, those crosswinds once you get out of town make for some very interesting driving!!

My combination of features I wanted required a factory order, so I had my shot to get a hard top and opted out :headbang: Not the end of the world since 99% of the time the soft top is perfectly fine, but I doubt I'll be able to get my girls to ride with me on a longer trip again :LOL:

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Got in May of 2019 and have put 30k (miles lol but somedays it feels like that could be dollars too) on it during that time. Zero regrets.

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Bought my Rubicon just over a year ago. Overall I love it, one of my favourite vehicles I have ever owned and I’ve owned a few lol

Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i bought a ferd worst truck ever then i got a toyote and that thing stunk. much remorsed

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had buyer's remorse when I bought my 2019 Tacoma. I traded it for my 2020 Jeep and now I have buyer's joy.

The JL is a lot better daily driver than my JK, almost as good as the Tacoma. Neither the Jeep nor the Tacoma drive like a small car; you have to adapt your driving. No problem driving the Jeep anywhere, anytime.
Sponsored