Well, this thread s*** the bed quickly.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. I don't know, that last exchange was pretty humorous.

I guess it's time to be serious again.
As for the tires. Seriously, they do technically "fit". That said you'll have very little up travel in the suspension before rubbing, and you won't be able to turn very sharp without the tires hitting the control arms. In short, yes they'll technically mount up, but they won't be practical. Not recommended for a stock Sahara.
It doesn't take much to remedy this though. You can add a wheel spacer, or get a narrower 35 than the typical 315/70/17 to avoid the control arm issue. There's not quite as many options, but there are choices for 34-35 inch tires that are narrower than 12.5" like a 285/75/17 which measure roughly 34 x 11. These will usually only be about 1/2" smaller than the typical 315/70/17 but they're 1.5" narrower which helps a lot.
The fender contact can ether be remedied with bump stops to limit travel or a small lift. I would lift instead of limiting travel, but I suppose you can do it either way. You don't have to replace the suspension to lift it either. If you're just interested in clearing bigger tires, you can get a kit that retains most/all of the stock components. These are often referred to as a "budget boost" or "coil lift". I have a 2" Daystar kit, which not only lifted my Jeep, but also replaced the LCA to correct the caster angle which is changed by most lifts. These budget kits can be bought for around $200-$500 depending on the kit you buy and what it comes with.
Sponsored