Bulletpoint mount bad quality

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Had an issue with one of my phone mounts spinning on the mount. Contacted Bulletpoint and submitted a warranty claim and had a new replacement in two days. Excellent customer service.
Sponsored

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Haha…I’ve had both. I started with Bulletpoint and switched to 67d within a month. It worked great until I decided to switch to wireless CarPlay and rigged up MagSafe charging as well. Still using 67d mounting arms, but I have a Spigen MagSafe adapter as my MagSafe mount.

Spigen MagFit Mount
25mm to 17mm Ball Adapter

I don’t have pics of the new mount, only the older RAM mount in the below pic, but it’s the same concept. I switched to the Spigen for more surface area when the phone is attached.

0E86F28F-92C9-45AB-ABE9-70594BC50B52.jpeg
Why did you have to use the ball adapter? Are all MagSafe chargers the same diameter? Which one did you use? Will this hold while off-roading?

The Chubbernaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Substance Abuse Counselor
Clubs

My phone holder has been working fairly well since I bought the Jeep. Solidly built and hasn't dropped my phone once.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bulletpoint mount bad quality maxresdefault

In all seriousness though, with Android Auto I haven't found much of a reason to have my phone mounted on my dash.

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Haha…I’ve had both. I started with Bulletpoint and switched to 67d within a month. It worked great until I decided to switch to wireless CarPlay and rigged up MagSafe charging as well. Still using 67d mounting arms, but I have a Spigen MagSafe adapter as my MagSafe mount.

Spigen MagFit Mount
25mm to 17mm Ball Adapter

I don’t have pics of the new mount, only the older RAM mount in the below pic, but it’s the same concept. I switched to the Spigen for more surface area when the phone is attached.

I like this.. any wide angle pics?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
My phone holder has been working fairly well since I bought the Jeep. Solidly built and hasn't dropped my phone once.

In all seriousness though, with Android Auto I haven't found much of a reason to have my phone mounted on my dash.
I always thought I didn’t need a mount on the dash with CarPlay l, but if I’m using any app not supported by CarPlay I can’t see it if it’s in the cup holder. Specifically talking about maps for Offroad use.

Sponsored

The Chubbernaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Substance Abuse Counselor
Clubs

I always thought I didn’t need a mount on the dash with CarPlay l, but if I’m using any app not supported by CarPlay I can’t see it if it’s in the cup holder. Specifically talking about maps for Offroad use.
I have some money and modifications to burn through before I do any serious trails, but it's on the list of eventualities. I would assume the cell service would be spotty at best anyways, but I suppose you could download maps for offline use. On a related note, have you ever tried onX Offroad and how well does it work?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I have some money and modifications to burn through before I do any serious trails, but it's on the list of eventualities. I would assume the cell service would be spotty at best anyways, but I suppose you could download maps for offline use. On a related note, have you ever tried onX Offroad and how well does it work?
I’m in Colorado so we have tons of trails and most have spotty reception at best. That’s regardless of it being rated a 1/2 or 6/7. I use Trails Offroad and Google maps downloads. Both are solid and reliable offline. I’ve found OnX to be spotty at best. Gaia is too much work as well.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
If you don't need a mount that wirelessly charges too, I'd go with a Quadlock mount and matching case for the phone. Holds strong and is easy on/off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bulletpoint mount bad quality IMG_1075

Short cable to the USB port makes it easy to plug in. I ride bicycles and discovered Quadlock mounts there first. Now, my phone can go from bike to Jeep seamlessly.

newbie5150

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR in Silver Zenith. Engine 3.6 Etorque.
This is my set up. I’ve not had any issues yet. Had it for almost 2 years now
What set-up are you using for the tablet? I like how it's lower so it won't interfere with view.

houstonstroker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU

You can't use that for your phone. That's a dedicated key fob holder.