Remove Bulletpoint Dash Mount

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
I have the double ball Bulletpoint mount on the drivers side of the dash tray. Has anyone removed one of these or something similar?
I’ve seen the dental floss trick but in this particular spot that option is a bit tricky. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Adam
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have the double ball Bulletpoint mount on the drivers side of the dash tray. Has anyone removed one of these or something similar?
I’ve seen the dental floss trick but in this particular spot that option is a bit tricky. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Adam
Hair dryer?

Reactions: AMT

Jshouse1

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara
Fishing line and a heat gun should work. Fishing line itself should work, wrap it around and let it "saw" into the 3m tape.

I use a razer blade very carefully to remove items such as this, but you have to be careful, I have the scar on one finger that shows how dangerous this can be removing a carwash sticker for a customer during a windshield replacement, from the windshield down low where it is hard to get to. When you can see bone but no blood its usually not good, but superglue and a careful month it healed ok....

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
Hey Adam. When I removed mine (have the double ball setup on driver side) I just unscrewed the mounting screws and then took a large screwdriver and popped it right off. Had to use some force but it worked perfectly for me. Didn't even leave tape residue.

OP
OP
AMT

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Hey Adam. When I removed mine (have the double ball setup on driver side) I just unscrewed the mounting screws and then took a large screwdriver and popped it right off. Had to use some force but it worked perfectly for me. Didn't even leave tape residue.
Thanks. I pre heated with the wife’s hair dryer for a minute for good measure and then used a screw driver. Worked like a charm 👍

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
Thanks. I pre heated with the wife’s hair dryer for a minute for good measure and then used a screw driver. Worked like a charm 👍

Awesome! Glad you got it.
Sponsored