Sponsored

Bronco Temptation..

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Ford has never tickled my fancy. Cant say the Bronco really does either. Looks just like they couldnt come up with anything other than mating a FJ cruiser and a jeep.
Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked up the 0-60 times for an unlimited V6 with auto transmission on a laugh and its somewhere between 6.8 and 7.3. Maybe its just me but that pretty close to average for most vehicles (slightly better than average compared to similar sized crossovers) and on a JLU, its down right fast and I would bet the 2.0T would be even quicker.

I don't understand the need for more power to be honest. If you gave me a hemi option for free I mean sure, easier to run 38s if that's the plan, but I have never thought my JLUR was slow and lacking power.

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I for one CANNOT WAIT for the Bronco to launch because then it will stop being this mostly theoretical construct of perfect utility and finally become an actual utility vehicle that the vast majority use to drive on pavement.

The Bronco forum will finally have threads like “Screens flicker when bass and treble are turned up all the way”, “What Ford should do to fix my problem that I caused with my Bronco”, and “Poll: Are you hanging truck nuts so people know your Bronco is a stallion?”....

Most current comparisons right now are based on Ford marketing and not real end user experience. At this point it’s a lot like watching the news: “Here are the facts of Object A and Object B. Now here with us in the studio is an “expert” who will tell how this should make you feel so you can tell others why they’re wrong. But first a word from our sponsor: Object A.”

Not naysaying the Bronco, I hope it does well and helps build the off-road market. For me, I’m happy with my Jeep until I’m not; I’ll then have to see what the market has to offer at that point in time.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
This is why a Bronco is a no go for me. Out wheeling, you can see many many Jeep wranglers that are 15 to 25 years old or more that are still being wheeled on difficult trails. The longevity of a wrangler in harsh conditions is pretty much unrivaled. You can do a quick search for a Rubicon for sale and the resale on them are crazy. I am talking 10+ years old with 150,000+ miles on them and they still sell for $25,000+ dollars.

There is no way the Bronco is going to stand up to the abuse the Wrangler takes year after year. I have seen the Broncos up close and they will just not last. In five or ten years, they will be a pile of junk like every other S-10 Blazer, Explorer, Escape, Durango......yada yada. For every old Toyota that you see on the trail, you will see 100+ wranglers, for every old Bronco you see on the trail, you will see 1000+ wranglers and so on. Why, because they stand up better to the torture of wheeling and just last longer.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My guess, because of the 35in tires. Probably wouldn't pass regulations?
Well the Raptor has that exact setup. The 3.5 High Output with 35s as the standard tire.

I'd think a Bronco with the standard 3.5 EcoBoost and the Sasquatch package would be a good setup. I'm just not enthusiastic about the 2.7 after having driven one quite a bit.

Sponsored

JlDieseltoy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Ford screwed me over on the wildtrak Bronco so I canceled my order and bought a2021 Rubicon with a ecoDiesel

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Owned many Fords and enjoyed them. But even if I wanted to jump ship, I wouldn't touch a 1st or 2nd year version until it's proven. Pick any manufacturer and it's a roll of the dice for any major new model.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I refuse to buy an off-road vehicle that has an electronic push-button emergency brake. Are you kidding me? What a terrible decision. I also worry about the dial an off-road setting. Hopefully there is a lock-out so you can't accidentally turn to the wrong setting while thrashing about off-road. Also I can splash water all over the place in a Jeep and the manual controls don't care, but electronics don't really like water or other fluids and unless the interior is IP67 or IP68 I see some issues.

I agree with the push-button e break, for sure. Does the Bronco have that? Sorry, I have no idea. If it does, hopefully they'd listen to feedback and get rid of it for next model year. I think some wrangler trims already have the dial for the 4x4 modes, so I'm not too concerned about that (though I do prefer the physical stick like I have now, for sure).

As for water, I think Jeep said it's not an issue with their 4XE, so that's good news. My JLU has been rained in, torrentially, probably 3 or 4 times now and everything is still ship-shape. I think Bronco will be fine in that regard, too.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I agree with the push-button e break, for sure. Does the Bronco have that? Sorry, I have no idea. If it does, hopefully they'd listen to feedback and get rid of it for next model year. I think some wrangler trims already have the dial for the 4x4 modes, so I'm not too concerned about that (though I do prefer the physical stick like I have now, for sure).

As for water, I think Jeep said it's not an issue with their 4XE, so that's good news. My JLU has been rained in, torrentially, probably 3 or 4 times now and everything is still ship-shape. I think Bronco will be fine in that regard, too.
The images of the interior showed a push button for the emergency brake. They sure don't show one in any of the interior shots on their website.

I was referring to water and fluids on the dial indicator.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 11.57.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 11.59.14 AM.png

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I am glad Ford officially announced the greeting when Bronco owners see each other driving.

iu.gif

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Here are the issues with the IFA, skip to minute 5:

Then watch this stock rubi crawling:

Yeah I am keeping my Jeep.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the issues with the IFA, skip to minute 5:

Then watch this stock rubi crawling:

Yeah I am keeping my Jeep.
5:30 actually.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree.

They did some good things in terms of options and such. I mean, I actually went through a build just for giggles and felt like I was getting a pretty nice vehicle for around 5)K which felt like it probably had more than the Rubicon in terms of features.

My biggest issue that I can seem to get over though is that to my eyes the thing is just ugly. It's like a Land Rover/FJ Cruiser/Jeep all combined and at least for me doesn't have nearly the visual appeal that say a Rubicon has.

On the bright side, the competition will force Jeep to up their game and expand options in their line while keeping prices in check. So it's all good if you ask me.

Ford has never tickled my fancy. Cant say the Bronco really does either. Looks just like they couldnt come up with anything other than mating a FJ cruiser and a jeep.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Always been a Ford guy. I was all in on the Bronco until Ford kept playing games with revealing what it would be and when it would be released. They lost me with no availability until mid-2021. My car couldn't hold out that long so I jumped to the JL. So far, I don't regret it. However I'm now sitting at the dealer with electrical issues at only 2600 miles. So far, one incorrect relay installed at the factory. We will see. I'm not loving the look of the Bronco, but I don't hate it either.
Sponsored