First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I have Yukon gears and they're whining on decel now.. I'm not very happy about it. It's not bad, just annoying. It's so subtle talking or the radio drowns it out.

I always heard bad things about Yukon gear but my shop talked me into it.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Yukon. 100% the pinion isn’t set up right.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely nothing wrong with Yukon. 100% the pinion isn’t set up right.
I also had an axle seal leak first week, they fixed the axle leak. I wasn't happy....

The whine took 2 months to start.. they were perfectly quiet for the first 5k miles.

i took it to the highest rated shop in the Denver area.. however you never know with jeeps.. highest rated here are so overloaded with work. I'm just one of the 50 people who walk into that shop a day.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I also had an axle seal leak first week, they fixed the axle leak. I wasn't happy....

The whine took 2 months to start.. they were perfectly quiet for the first 5k miles.

i took it to the highest rated shop in the Denver area.. however you never know with jeeps.. highest rated here are so overloaded with work. I'm just one of the 50 people who walk into that shop a day.
Leaking seals are really common since you can tap the seal back out of the housing with the tail bearing if you’re not careful when installing the flange.

It’s strange to have it happen after that long, but the R&P has been in there too long now to fix it. You’d have to start over with that axle.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Leaking seals are really common since you can tap the seal back out of the housing with the tail bearing if you’re not careful when installing the flange.

It’s strange to have it happen after that long, but the R&P has been in there too long now to fix it. You’d have to start over with that axle.
At least it's just the rear.. bright side. LOVE the 513's
Sponsored