Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It's a JEEP. People act like it's news that stuff like this is happening. My 2012 JK spent 120 days of the first year in the shop. It's normal, not unexpected. It will get fixed, it won't cost the new owner a penny. No harm, no foul. FCA/Jeep is know for it's horrible build quality. Getting spun up won't change it. it's been like this for years. We don't buy Jeeps because they are reliable.
As long as everyone going in knows that (hey, I'd love to see that on the wall at the dealer - "Of course it's broken, it's a Jeep!")

It won't cost the new owner a penny... except for the cost of an Uber home, perhaps the cost of a rental vehicle while their brand new vehicle is in the shop being repaired of an "expected" failure.

jnr0104

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2008 JKU Sport, 2004 TJ Sport
Occupation
Rancher
Are the lockers still only usable in 4low? no rocks to crawl in my area, and 4low is Not where you want to be in black gumbo mud. Gotta have tire rpm to keep lugs cleaned and grabbing!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Are the lockers still only usable in 4low? no rocks to crawl in my area, and 4low is Not where you want to be in black gumbo mud. Gotta have tire rpm to keep lugs cleaned and grabbing!
Pin it in sixth gear in low range I guess lol

Matymaty

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my 2013 Moab for the 2018 JLU
BFA0E2C2-26EE-4D9B-A88F-66C9731BFA7E.jpeg
Yesterday I stopped at Rydell Jeep (San Fernando CA) to test drive a Rubicon. Mainly because I got worried from reading how cramped the cabin is for people over 6’2”.

Anyway, I pulled over to test the lockers. Put the Rubi in 4L and pressed the locker switch. Nada. Then the ‘SERVICE LOCKERS SOON’ notice flashed in the center screen while the amber 4WD light remained flashing even in 2H.

There was 20 miles on the Jeep.

The salesman assured me that NOTHING was really wrong and the Rubi just needed a re-flash.

PS I included a picture to show the diff in height between the Sport and Rubi.

EDIT TO ORIGINAL POST: I was testing to see how long it took to engage. My Rubicon was usually instant while my PowerWagon took it's own sweet time. I’m not a rookie. That said, you shouldn’t feel the need to defend a faulty JL and I have no idea how the 19 miles before me were driven.
So your the one. They had to pull it out of the service department for us to test drive it. We did not buy it.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So your the one. They had to pull it out of the service department for us to test drive it. We did not buy it.
Would have been hilarious if you flipped the lockers immediately and pointed it out, lol!

OP
OP
ERIXJLUR

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
It was me.

They were only offering $500 off sticker - I wonder if they would honor the Tread Lightly program.

Matymaty

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my 2013 Moab for the 2018 JLU
I asked sales manager and he was clueless about the program. Another 500 off if you custom order it.