Sponsored

Bra/Bug Deflector?

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Has anyone seen a bra/bug deflector available for our JL's? I hate those rock chips on the front of the hood..
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I had one on my jeep wayyyyy back in '92. Havent seen them since. Most ppl go clear vinyl now. I always liked the look of the black protector, just not the water and pollen getting under it. Good luck finding one!

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone seen a bra/bug deflector available for our JL's? I hate those rock chips on the front of the hood..
I'm also looking. Did you find anything yet? I did see a video where someone put some sort of rubber coating on it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that with zero experience. Don't want to ruin the paint, etc.

OP
OP

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
I'm also looking. Did you find anything yet? I did see a video where someone put some sort of rubber coating on it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that with zero experience. Don't want to ruin the paint, etc.
seen a guy plasidip the front a bit but i don't wanna do that. nothing yet. they have them for the JKU though so hopefully someone makes them for the JL soon.

perhaps a JKU bra would fit..

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
www.cjponyparts.com/avs-hood-protector-aeroskin-ii-textured-black-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018/p/AVS436148/

AVS just came out with a few. You will have to search other pics for an Aeroskin II but you will get the idea since CJpony does not have a pic yet. The other ones they have already have part numbers. Search by that part number to see what they look like on other vehicles and you will get an idea.
Thanks! Here are some links that I found based on your info:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterio...tors-and-Shields.aspx?t_c=3&t_s=457&t_pt=3293
https://www.carid.com/avs/aeroskin-ii-matte-black-hood-shield-mpn-436148.html

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Could also put Xpel on the front and then ceramic coat it. Xpel will protect you from rock chips and the coating will make it quick and easy to remove bugs.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Could also put Xpel on the front and then ceramic coat it. Xpel will protect you from rock chips and the coating will make it quick and easy to remove bugs.
Do you have a link?

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
You can find info on Xpel at www.Xpel.com. But your best option is to find a local detailer that is well versed in installing PPF (paint protection film) and also ceramic coatings and go with whatever they use recommend because it will be most familiar to them. Trying to either process yourself can have mixed results if you don't get all the prep right and even then there is still a lot of skill and talent in making it all look good.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had already visited xpel.com but I was looking for a physical piece of plastic, rubber, etc. versus an application/coating. After getting burned many times on "experts" adding something and messing up in the process, I'd rather take the safe route, but thanks anyway. Others on this forum might be willing to take the xpel path though.

Sponsored

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
FWIW, @XPEL is pretty much as good as it gets and your in Florida so there are lots of very qualified shops around you, especially if you are near a major city. Thousands of multi million dollar super and hyper cars are covered in it from head to toe. But that only protects from rocks and debris. No add on aero will keep your front completely clean, but a properly treated and regularly cleaned finish (with or without PPF) will be easy to remove bugs from. Also having something like Ammo Frothy on hand will make quick cleanup without even getting out a hose. At some point someone will build something that will help reduce the bug strikes which may even add the benefit of helping to guide away rocks from your windshield.

OP
OP

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
great find bro. i'll get the aero 2 when/if my jeep ever ships lol. been in kz for 55 days

do you have your jeep yet to throw one of these on?
Nope. Still in D1. What's KZ?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
great find bro. i'll get the aero 2 when/if my jeep ever ships lol. been in kz for 55 days

do you have your jeep yet to throw one of these on?
I ordered the Aeroskin II from Carid and I should have it by this weekend. Once I have it on, I will show pics. I had one of these for my GMC pickup and liked the design. FYI, the pics on the 4wheelparts site do not show the Aeroskin II. Whatever they put on there is another brand. The Aeroskin II will have the hump in the center.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered the Aeroskin II from Carid and I should have it by this weekend. Once I have it on, I will show pics. I had one of these for my GMC pickup and liked the design. FYI, the pics on the 4wheelparts site do not show the Aeroskin II. Whatever they put on there is another brand. The Aeroskin II will have the hump in the center.
Do you have a link to it? I searched on Google, but couldn't find it.
Sponsored