ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Have you noticed much wind buffeting with that lower profile AVS design?
absolutely none that I’ve noticed. And this one is only mounted with 3m tape. Easily removable.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
I’m seeing 3 or 4 offerings from AVS. One even has a LED strip. However, I’m now worried about Sky One Touch buffeting with any kind of deflector! If anyone has any kind of deflector with SOT what’s your thoughts on this, please?

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
I’m seeing 3 or 4 offerings from AVS. One even has a LED strip. However, I’m now worried about Sky One Touch buffeting with any kind of deflector! If anyone has any kind of deflector with SOT what’s your thoughts on this, please?
Yeah based on another post earlier in this thread it was noted with the soft top the AVS produced a drumming vibration. So this might also occur with your SOT. Seems that with the hardtop this is not an issue. However even with the freedom panels out there might be some additional wind buffeting created. The main objective is to protect the leading edge and for that the AVS seems to do the job fine.

On our old 4x4 we had one that protruded away from the panel. It worked but there was some noticeable wind buffeting as it changed the aerodynamic flow quite a bit. The JL hood even without anything leaves most raindrops pretty much stationary at hwy speeds. So the grill and leading edge must still push a lot of air up and over. The JK being more upright would have been worse.

Personally the AVS and hump would fit right in with our Rubicon as it kinda looks OEM. We have AVS Ventvisors anyways so this would match up quite well. Either will get this or just get a 6” strip of Xpel.

5E111BF5-13ED-43BB-AC57-E4A53F388B99.png

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just bought one from Amazon for about $54.

I'll post the part # since no one could and I couldn't find a pic of one installed on a JL on google nor Amazon.

Auto Ventshade 24827 Bugflector II Dark Smoke Hood Shield for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Will be here by friday and I should I install it shortly after. I'll post pics in here