First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Did you try this yet? Blue Note is along the route we are currently driving in Tennessee. Worth a stop?
I haven’t opened it yet. I’ve been really sick with allergies and I still feel like crap. Mostly ear pressure and muffled hearing; I’ve flown 2 round trips in the past 3 weeks which makes it much worse. Alcohol affects middle ear fluids and Eustachian tubes so I haven’t drank in weeks. But for the price I say go for it.
Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Not sure how others feel, but after trying out my Father’s Day gift this week, I believe the Glencairn glass really does make bourbon taste better.
2C40E02F-A4DF-4BE2-887E-39E8A102BE4D.jpeg

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
I haven’t opened it yet. I’ve been really sick with allergies and I still feel like crap. Mostly ear pressure and muffled hearing; I’ve flown 2 round trips in the past 3 weeks which makes it much worse. Alcohol affects middle ear fluids and Eustachian tubes so I haven’t drank in weeks. But for the price I say go for it.
“Haven’t drank in weeks” Yikes!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well sit down before I tell you - I don’t drink nearly as much as I used to in general. I wouldn’t even classify myself as a “regular” drinker anymore. I go for extended periods without drinking anything and when I do drink, it’s in moderation almost all the time.

It’s evolved that way for me as I’ve gotten older (and hopefully wiser and more mature) and and as I’ve had issues that by necessity make me more conscious of my health.

The positive side of this is that I only drink the good stuff now because I can afford to. I’ve got 4 bottles of Blanton’s, 8 Eagle Rare 10 year, 2 EH Taylor, a Weller 12 year, and a Van Winkle 12 year; all unopened. Among other goodies. Those I can savor and share with friends that appreciate bourbon.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Well sit down before I tell you - I don’t drink nearly as much as I used to in general. I wouldn’t even classify myself as a “regular” drinker anymore. I go for extended periods without drinking anything and when I do drink, it’s in moderation almost all the time.

It’s evolved that way for me as I’ve gotten older (and hopefully wiser and more mature) and and as I’ve had issues that by necessity make me more conscious of my health.

The positive side of this is that I only drink the good stuff now because I can afford to. I’ve got 4 bottles of Blanton’s, 8 Eagle Rare 10 year, 2 EH Taylor, a Weller 12 year, and a Van Winkle 12 year; all unopened. Among other goodies. Those I can savor and share with friends that appreciate bourbon.
I think this is normal behavior. I’ve gone on some long dry spells where I just didn’t feel like drinking anything. A far cry from my young Marine days lol. I have a good collection for when I do feel like having a drink though. EH is some great stuff and I also have a bottle of Middleton Very Rare that I really love.

Making the trip soon to collect some bottles from a barrel I’ve been waiting on at Maker’s, the ambassador program was pretty neat.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Making the trip soon to collect some bottles from a barrel I’ve been waiting on at Maker’s, the ambassador program was pretty neat.
I did this and collected "my bottles" a number of years ago with the Ambassador program. At the end of the day, it's just a gimmick but it's still pretty damn cool.

Not sure if it's the same now, but Bill Samuels himself was our tour guide. He was super personable, seemed to genuinely appreciate everyone's interest in his products, and told really personal stories about growing up in the whiskey business.

At the beginning of the tour they asked how many bottles from "my barrel" I wanted to buy. At the end of the tour, they had that many bottles ready with a special label with my name printed on them. I got to dip them in the wax myself and hit the tops with two different stamps to mark the year of bottling on the tops.

All-in-all, it definitely adds to the experience.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Yea it feels gimmicky, but the wife did it for me as a deployment present and it’s a good excuse to visit friends up that way. Truth be told I’ve kind of out grown the taste of Maker’s but they’ll be neat presents for others I’m sure. They’d announced a change to how many bottles you could pick up due to covid and supply constraints, hopefully things have changed back to a more normal experience instead. My last tour there was with his son.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 45A9D520-6080-4FF7-BF47-0F24D8CD812B

Score one for the good guys.

I worked on the Jeep a bit then took a break to do a shakedown run. I stopped in to a liquor store I used to patronize a lot, just to see what’s up. I bought the $12 bottle of Ancient Age (don’t judge me, more on that later) and asked the clerk if they have Old Forester Single Barrel. He said no, just what’s on the shelf. He asked if that was an allocated bottle because he’s not familiar with it and they’ve never had any that he can recall. I told him no, just hard to find and I wouldn’t expect to just walk in and see allocated bottles, though that would be great. He asks, “Any in particular?”:surprised: “Blanton’s or EH Taylor would make my day”. He steps in back and produces this bottle for $49. Sometimes you’re just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

The AA is for my infinity flask. It was about 1/3 full and I topped it off with a bunch of different stuff before last weekend when I had family over. All kinds of stuff. Some regular Crown Royal. Some Dickel 15 year. Some Garrison Bros. Balmorhea. Knob Creek Single Barrel Select. The last corner of an EH Taylor small batch bottle. Blue Note Uncut. And Ancient Age. I don’t recall everything that went in before that. I fully expected it to be horrible to average. It’s really good. Fruity, vanilla and cinnamon nose. Slightly sweet palate. Strong mellow finish. I only regret that I’ll never be able to exactly replicate it. This stuff would sell for a good price based on taste alone and not label.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 45A9D520-6080-4FF7-BF47-0F24D8CD812B

Score one for the good guys.

I worked on the Jeep a bit then took a break to do a shakedown run. I stopped in to a liquor store I used to patronize a lot, just to see what’s up. I bought the $12 bottle of Ancient Age (don’t judge me, more on that later) and asked the clerk if they have Old Forester Single Barrel. He said no, just what’s on the shelf. He asked if that was an allocated bottle because he’s not familiar with it and they’ve never had any that he can recall. I told him no, just hard to find and I wouldn’t expect to just walk in and see allocated bottles, though that would be great. He asks, “Any in particular?”:surprised: “Blanton’s or EH Taylor would make my day”. He steps in back and produces this bottle for $49. Sometimes you’re just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

The AA is for my infinity flask. It was about 1/3 full and I topped it off with a bunch of different stuff before last weekend when I had family over. All kinds of stuff. Some regular Crown Royal. Some Dickel 15 year. Some Garrison Bros. Balmorhea. Knob Creek Single Barrel Select. The last corner of an EH Taylor small batch bottle. Blue Note Uncut. And Ancient Age. I don’t recall everything that went in before that. I fully expected it to be horrible to average. It’s really good. Fruity, vanilla and cinnamon nose. Slightly sweet palate. Strong mellow finish. I only regret that I’ll never be able to exactly replicate it. This stuff would sell for a good price based on taste alone and not label.
Ancient Age is my daily drinker! Great price on the Taylor!

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Stopped in 2 different liquor stores this evening that aren’t my regular spot. Store 1 had a ton of allocated bottles behind the counter. I presumed because they were vastly marked up. Nope. Almost all of them at retail. The catch? Any 1 allocated at retail with an additional $250 non allocated purchase. If it were $100 I’d have gone for it.

Store 2 had allocated bottles too. Including Van Winkle 10 year and 20 year! The catch? $1600 and $4100 respectively. I flirted with the middle aged Korean lady who owns the place (she’s really cute) and told her I’d take them both for $2700. My charm didn’t work. She said if I bough either at full cost she’d sell me a bottle of Taylor, Eagle, or Blanton’s for retail. Lol. No thanks.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped in 2 different liquor stores this evening that aren’t my regular spot. Store 1 had a ton of allocated bottles behind the counter. I presumed because they were vastly marked up. Nope. Almost all of them at retail. The catch? Any 1 allocated at retail with an additional $250 non allocated purchase. If it were $100 I’d have gone for it.

Store 2 had allocated bottles too. Including Van Winkle 10 year and 20 year! The catch? $1600 and $4100 respectively. I flirted with the middle aged Korean lady who owns the place (she’s really cute) and told her I’d take them both for $2700. My charm didn’t work. She said if I bough either at full cost she’d sell me a bottle of Taylor, Eagle, or Blanton’s for retail. Lol. No thanks.
Dude that is just crazy to me. These prices have gone bonkers and people must be buying or else they wouldn’t be charging so dang much. I have a few friends canvassing the Cincinnati area for me….Always hear they have BT products stocked at msrp.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

BONKERS!!!!

I would not have even spent the time to flirt. What a joke.
Sponsored