Body Bolts Question

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
another quick question. i'm going to sell my rubicon rails that came with the truck. any opinions on what they are worth? they have 3000 miles of use on them. not a ding on them yet though.
Probably about $50-$60.

when I put on my Roam frame mounts, I took the OEM sliders off at 300 miles. They sold after 5 MONTHS for about $75 as I recall.... listed them in late November 2019. Sold in April.....

really not worth the trouble. I suggest you just try to give them away As others are doing now.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Actually armor lites. Cause of our winters and I won’t be rock crawling with them. Mostly river trips For pulling a boat and Forest roads and fields while up my buddy’s cabin.

Nothing crazy so I went that route.
Oh nice, the aluminum destroyers. Doesn't sound like you need the added steel plates, which will drop the weight by at least 10lbs per side, compared to the steel version.

They'll also be easier to install, because they can be assembled on the vehicle vs hanging one welded together piece.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I hope I like them. Lol. Lod sent me a bunch of pics of them on one of thier guys Jeep. Looked good. I hope they hold up. Our winters with that salt spray they use is horrible. I have literally seen brakes fall off cars after 1 winter. My dads buddy is a mechanic. He has me spray off bottoms of my trucks in winter when we get home daily of it’s wets out. My garage is setup for washing inside in winter so it works out awesome.

Everyone do a “no loosen body bolts dance” for me. Lol.

Next I want to get my grab bars. Then the battle with the wife for the mopar lift. Lol. I’m loosing this battle. I think it will be easier once I have the sliders on.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
I traded my Rubicon rails back to my dealer in return for them installing my Destroyers. That way I felt they were on the hook if they broke anything. Quick in and out, they did a great job.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I traded my Rubicon rails back to my dealer in return for them installing my Destroyers. That way I felt they were on the hook if they broke anything. Quick in and out, they did a great job.
Ohhh I never thought about that. That would have been a good idea. If it doesn’t go smooth I’ll back out and do that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8D86532C-AF39-4C87-954A-819AE2A07901.jpeg

Hardware came! Sliders tomorrow.

Someone explain to me how 2 packages get scanned the same time and end up 1 day apart from each other. They must have gotten split up in Ohio I think. Soooo close!

I’m doing to make sure all the hardware is there tonight. I assume it is but.

Good pack job. They don’t spray foam the armor lites they said like they do with the destroyers.

Can I say I never ever cared about modifying a single truck I ever owned except for my first car when I was 16 cause I am a stereo geek. That car stereo was the only aftermarket money I ever put into something till now. It’s like a drug. Lol

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Bolts Question 8D86532C-AF39-4C87-954A-819AE2A07901

Someone explain to me how 2 packages get scanned the same time and end up 1 day apart from each other. They must have gotten split up in Ohio I think. Soooo close!

Good pack job. They don’t spray foam the armor lites they said like they do with the destroyers.

Can I say I never ever cared about modifying a single truck I ever owned except for my first car when I was 16 cause I am a stereo geek. That car stereo was the only aftermarket money I ever put into something till now. It’s like a drug. Lol
Jeep: Just. Empty. Every. Pocket.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Honestly, this was VERY smart. Seriously smart. Well done!

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took my rock rails off. That took 5 mins. I was going to mess wit the brackets but I didn't want to take the screws off and then put them back on till tomorrow cause knowing me i would loose them.

Sliders are on the truck for delivery. when they got separated I figured they would be lost. Fed ex sucks! they "lost" a new MacBook pro last year on me. it was absolutely stolen at the center. i got a different package with my apple shipping label on it. how sketchy is that! they said they delivered a lego. I had nothing on the doorstep at the exact time it said delivered cause I was home. i called said it says delivered and i'm standing at my door. 5 mins later i get a call from the driver. "i'm 20 mins away" i said then why did you say it was already delivered. that is just shady. my cargo cover from quadratec came the other day. box totally open. all the tape ripped.

so needless to say i don't trust fed ex at all.

sorry for the early morning rant.

on a positive note I ordered the GPCA pro grab handles with the red handles. they were on sale it said so figured why not. I don't know if they are always on sale, but it didn't seem like a bad price.

so I think i'm done till after winter and I get my soft top on and see where I go from here.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Bolts Question 8D86532C-AF39-4C87-954A-819AE2A07901

Haha I worked for FedEx for 30 years and I have no idea how shipments get spit up so easy. Browns not perfect, but they have always had a better system in place to keep shipments together and deliver them on time than we did.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I worked for FedEx for 30 years and I have no idea how shipments get spit up so easy. Browns not perfect, but they have always had a better system in place to keep shipments together and deliver them on time than we did.
Fed ex was never bad in our area. Just past few years it’s been a nightmare. I ask places to shop ups for me if they use frd ex. I say I’ll even pay more for shipping. It’s a crap shoot anymore.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed! Thanks guys for all the help. My pics and write ups are over in the armor lite thread.
Sponsored