OP

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
My problem was that a pin in the passenger door plug was bent. I had the doors off and and when I plugged the door harness back in a pin got bent and caused a short. Straightened the pin and the problem was solved. I thought I was careful when I reconnected the plug, apparently not careful enough. If you're having trouble with your blind spot warning system it gives you one more thing to check.
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
My Sahara disables the BSM when I hit the trail - both markers light up and an announcement pops up on the dashboard.

One marker staying on sounds like something's broken.
How does it know you're on a trail? Do you mean that whenever you are not 2H then the BSM is off? Which transmission do you have? Thanks.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
How does it know you're on a trail? Do you mean that whenever you are not 2H then the BSM is off? Which transmission do you have? Thanks.
I noticed that both illuminated when I put my Rubicon in 4-low. When we got off the pass, and back in 2-hi, I shut the engine off and restarted and everything worked as advertised.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest, I think it is all the shaking on the trail that disables it.

This is how it normally goes:
  • I hit the trailhead
  • Air down - I get a low tire pressure warning on the ECU
  • Engage 4H/4L
  • After I am off-road for about 5-10 minutes, a warning chime and a message on the ECU announce that the Blind Spot Monitor has been disabled; both side markers light up on the mirrors.
  • It stays disabled even if I turn the engine off and on. Once I hit the pavement, disengage 4WD, turn the engine off and on, at that point the system resets itself back to normal.
I have a Sahara with the V6, 8-speed auto and Selec-Trac.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My BSMs come on and stay on every time I drive forest service roads. Doesn't matter if I'm in 4wd or 2wd. They seem to activate sooner the tighter the trail. Maybe the undergrowth beside the road/trail confuses the system? Everything resets to normal when I cycle the ignition

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored