Calibrating Blind Spot Sensors?

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
Is it possible to re-calibrate blind spot sensors?

I just replaced tail lights with aftermarket tail lights and put my old sensors into the new lights but they are really sensitive and keep going off.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don't think so. You're better off putting them back into the factory tail lights.

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think so. You're better off putting them back into the factory tail lights.
Such a shame. Ilove these new lights and they were over $300, and designed to have the sensors in them. I'm struggling to understand why they would be so sensitive now versus the factory lights. Same location, same angle etc.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I calibrated my blind spot monitor with a Radio Shack soldering iron and Stevie Wonder.
head on.jpg

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@Yorkie3621 ... what have you done about the sensitive sensors? I just took mine in 'cuz the Blind Spot Monitoring wasn't working adequately. Just got a call from the dealership that the sensors were packed with mud. If that's true, you might investigate de-sensitizing your sensors with some blocking material. Try taping different things on the outside to experiment.

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Yorkie3621 ... what have you done about the sensitive sensors? I just took mine in 'cuz the Blind Spot Monitoring wasn't working adequately. Just got a call from the dealership that the sensors were packed with mud. If that's true, you might investigate de-sensitizing your sensors with some blocking material. Try taping different things on the outside to experiment.
thank you. I’ll try that.
Sponsored