OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Had mine done this past weekend. Cost me $40 art a custom shop. The removed them, sprayed them, and put them back. Looks awesome on my Nacho.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Bardog

First Name
Bardog
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bardog.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Granite
Occupation
Restaurateur
I wonder why my new Granite Crystal 2021 JLU Sport S, that I picked up a few days ago from the dealer, has blacked out Jeep emblems? My Sting Gray 2020 had silver/chrome ones before I removed them. I'm going to remove the OEM black Jeep emblems from the '21, if anyone wants them.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I wonder why my new Granite Crystal 2021 JLU Sport S, that I picked up a few days ago from the dealer, has blacked out Jeep emblems? My Sting Gray 2020 had silver/chrome ones before I removed them. I'm going to remove the OEM black Jeep emblems from the '21, if anyone wants them.
My 2 month old Snazzberry Sport S has black emblems too

20220106_204924.jpg

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Plasti dip looks cheap, I would recommend not going that route. Plus it won't hold up well and will peel. Every YT video I see where people plastic dip their emblems it looks like complete sh!&.

Nothing screams "I can't afford this vehicle" like plasti dipped emblems on a newer vehicle 🤣

Save the plasti dip for old junky vehicles. Once the plasti dip starts to peel you're going to remove it all and be right back where you are today. Buy new blacked out emblems, do the job once and be done with it! Or like someone else has done, remove the emblems and have them painted with a quality urethane paint with a clear coat and then put them back on.

Last edited:

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Plasti dip looks cheap, I would recommend not going that route. Plus it won't hold up well and will peel. Every YT video I see where people plastic dip their emblems it looks like complete sh!&.

Nothing screams "I can't afford this vehicle" like plasti dipped emblems on a newer vehicle 🤣

Save the plasti dip for old junky vehicles. Once the plasti dip starts to peel you're going to remove it all and be right back where you are today. Buy new blacked out emblems, do the job once and be done with it! Or like someone else has done, remove the emblems and have them painted with a quality urethane paint with a clear coat and then put them back on.
My plasti-dip emblems have held up fine 3 years later in Chicago salt infested roads.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
It's anyone's guess. There seems to be very little continuity from the Jeep emblem to the small wrangler decal when it comes to colors.

My Granite Crystal MOAB has a monotone Jeep emblem, but came with white wrangler decals (which was a horrible contrast) and made no sense. Thanks to Pixeldecals I was able to swap out the white wrangler decals below the Jeep emblem for a custom black one that looks like it belongs. The best part is all of these emblems and decals are easily removable. Best of luck!
Screenshot_20220106-200059_Samsung Internet.jpg
20200529_155647.jpg

Bardog

First Name
Bardog
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bardog.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Granite
Occupation
Restaurateur
Interesting, Rock.

And thanks for your service as a firefighter. I was a bartender in NYC at the Spring Lounge on 9/11 and had the esteemed pleasure to serve many firemen during the time. Bryan Delaney, the owner, donated a lot of money to the surrounding firehouses that lost many men...sad days strangely marked by the camaraderie of a community wholesale both disrupted and united by a terrible event.

Nice color Jeep, pal.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My Granite Crystal MOAB has a monotone Jeep emblem, but came with white wrangler decals (which was a horrible contrast) and made no sense.
So the MOAB has the Jeep logo (both top/bottom sections) already painted to match the body? That looks great and imo, that's how all trim levels should be!

Personally don't really mind silver or black logo badges, but the gaudy red background on the Rubicon looks so bad against any body color. Almost like it was a poorly thought-out DIY or aftermarket customization..

Jeep Wrangler JL Blackout "Jeep" lettering 68466529aa

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
I originally Plasti-dipped. It fades over time. Also, not that durable as the sharp corners tend to wear off - even with only gentle hand washing. After dealer took them off for bubbling hinges repaint, had them replaced with Rubicon emblems and look good with the Granite. I have also had to do my locks SEVERAL times scuffed them up and cleaned with lacquer thinner, but eventually they will start to peel.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
Wait till the summer, let the sun warm the jeep, monofilament line will remove them easy. Goof off or 3M adhesive remover will take off the glue residue. Black badges and JEEP letters are available from mopar. Hardest part is making sure you get them on straight and in the same spot on both sides.

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
Zero experience with plasti-dip, and my emblems/badge came out great.
Sponsored