Bits and Bobs for the Aussie JL

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
All hope is NOT lost! I think I found a solution.... Back in ancient Chinese times ladies would practice foot binding.. This was a traditional practice involving tying their feet really tight with rope to the point where their feet would deform into really narrow shapes to fit into "stylish" narrow shoes.....
Well, our problem is fitting into a "stylish" narrow foot well... Well we do also have snatch straps....
:LOL:

Lol, you might be on to something.

Still, I'm inclined to be thinking necessity is the mother of invention. Time to get creative.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I started by looking at the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Nor does that have a footrest in the RHD version. I am now used to having no footrest in my Wrangler and it doesn't bother me.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I started by looking at the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Nor does that have a footrest in the RHD version. I am now used to having no footrest in my Wrangler and it doesn't bother me.
Yep, got to admit, the missing rest is now not so much of an issue. Funny how one gets used to something.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Yep, got to admit, the missing rest is now not so much of an issue. Funny how one gets used to something.
I missed it. But after a week driving it, I get use to without the rest...

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
All hope is NOT lost! I think I found a solution.... Back in ancient Chinese times ladies would practice foot binding.. This was a traditional practice involving tying their feet really tight with rope to the point where their feet would deform into really narrow shapes to fit into "stylish" narrow shoes.....
Well, our problem is fitting into a "stylish" narrow foot well... Well we do also have snatch straps....
Random question, did you by chance purchase your wrangler in Artarmon Jeep dealership by chance?

Sponsored

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Couldn't tell ya. If you were in Alice Springs I could probably get it to you for nearly free, but I haven't posted anything to AU before. And I don't even know if this thing is any good, but I'll probably give it a shot if I can't find anything else. I live near Tokyo so 99% of my driving is very short distances and even then my left foot is a bother.

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
I jam my foot up between the seat and the transmission tunnel on a long drive. Bit of a flat spot there for a bit of a stretch while behind the wheel.

Sponsored

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
I jam my foot up between the seat and the transmission tunnel on a long drive. Bit of a flat spot there for a bit of a stretch while behind the wheel.
Is it just me, or does the LHS of our RHD Wranglers seem slightly larger then the driver side? width wise? Just feels bigger when being a passenger, maybe it's lack of pedals and all in my head :)

Also, does anyone else have their passenger mud mat not secure down to the round clips properly?

Cheers,
Capt

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Yes it a lack of pedals and all in your head :)

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Is it just me, or does the LHS of our RHD Wranglers seem slightly larger then the driver side? width wise? Just feels bigger when being a passenger, maybe it's lack of pedals and all in my head :)

Also, does anyone else have their passenger mud mat not secure down to the round clips properly?

Cheers,
Capt
Engine is offset about 40mm to the RHS so everything including the trans tunnel is pushed that way. I suspect this is why we also can't get either a manual or the 3.0 diesel in RHD. Manual I can live without because most of my road driving is peak hour in Sydney but the 3.0 would have been awesome to have.