ARB Gear for Aussie Delivered JL Wrangler

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Received a phone call from ARB. The mudflap and plate relocation kits for the rear bar are on backorder. :(

When I asked if it was worth fitting the rear bar prior to receiving the kits, the gentleman at ARB told me, without the mudflap kit I would be a risk of running foul with the law. So guess the kit is really only optional if you have an alternate arrangement in place. Clearly the 150mm is exceeded even without a lift.
Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
How long is the back order ? Are they straight forward in design?

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long is the back order ? Are they straight forward in design?
I was told 17th April is when my order should be ready to be collected. Will wait the two weeks. Not going anywhere soon anyway.

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Received a phone call from ARB. The mudflap and plate relocation kits for the rear bar are on backorder. :(

When I asked if it was worth fitting the rear bar prior to receiving the kits, the gentleman at ARB told me, without the mudflap kit I would be a risk of running foul with the law. So guess the kit is really only optional if you have an alternate arrangement in place. Clearly the 150mm is exceeded even without a lift.
If that salesman worked for me I’d slap him. Trying not to sell you a bar??
Just get the bar, go on back order. Improvise in the short term with some cheap ass or home made mud flaps.
Number plate relocation could be a fun lockdown project with a bit of angle steel, drill some holes to mount through the wheel nuts on the spare, bit of wire and duetch (spelling) connector from jaycar so it’s easy to disconnect the number plate light.

And make 2 so I’ve got one too

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get the bar, go on back order. Improvise in the short term with some cheap ass or home made mud flaps.
Number plate relocation could be a fun lockdown project with a bit of angle steel, drill some holes to amount through the wheel nuts on the spare, bit of wire and duetch (spelling) connector from jaycar so it’s easy to disconnect the number plate light.

Lol, nice wrap up.

Sponsored

Marcus

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JL Rubicon.
Number plate relocation could be a fun lockdown project with a bit of angle steel, drill some holes to mount through the wheel nuts on the spare, bit of wire and duetch (spelling) connector from jaycar so it’s easy to disconnect the number plate light.

Hahaha this guy knows what he wants. :CWL:

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
Still waiting on the ARB Bull Bar for the JL Overland. No ETA at this point. Any other options appeared for the JL that are ADR approved and have support for the sensors on the Overland. This is holding back all my mods, suspension, winch and more.

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
Hi all, first post on here, in the market for a JL Wrangler, in negotiations with Brighton Jeep at the moment.
Im so glad I found this forum, its been invaluable and this post in particular really explains alot and why there is very little in aftermarket parts.
I find it a bit humerous that at SEMA 2018 they had the ARB Bondi deluxe bumper and its still not available in Aus. All examples ive seen seem to be installed 2 inches too high aswell covering the bottom of the grill.

So its seems safe to say that its likely any bumpers or rock sliders from Rugged Ridge or Red Rock for example wouldnt be legal in Australia?

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I think the ARB is the only ADR one in Australia apart from the stock steel one. I have the Steel and will which over to the Rival bar that is also getting tested for Australia in a few months.

Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Off road animal has one in final stage of ADR testing.

Alex V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SPORT
I think the ARB is the only ADR one in Australia apart from the stock steel one. I have the Steel and will which over to the Rival bar that is also getting tested for Australia in a few months.
Moreover, Rival aluminum bumpers are already ADR tested and ready for pre-orders in Australia

Unknown.jpeg

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
This
Moreover, Rival aluminum bumpers are already ADR tested and ready for pre-orders in Australia

Unknown.jpeg
Do you have a link for the pre order?

That bar in the picture is not ADR approved I am guessing by the two recovery pionts stick out front.

Alex V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SPORT
This

Do you have a link for the pre order?

That bar in the picture is not ADR approved I am guessing by the two recovery pionts stick out front.
You can just contact Drivetech 4x4 as they run RIVAL brand in Australia,
Yes ADR version of the bumper comes without these hooks but I think they will offer them as an option for using away from the roads.

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
You can just contact Drivetech 4x4 as they run RIVAL brand in Australia,
Yes ADR version of the bumper comes without these hooks but I think they will offer them as an option for using away from the roads.
Makes sense as the hooks look like a bolt on from this latest JL bumper image off the Rival website.

Screenshot_050420_085952_PM.jpg
Sponsored