Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Okay, So I am loving my Rubicon, and I am sure the rest of us are too... But of course there are a bunch of bits and pieces that we want to swap over or add. What I have started realising is that some of these small mods only fit the left hand drive version of the JL... Such as some of the dead pedals... So I thought I would start this mod to post and ask about little mods and changes that we want to find or have found for right hand drive Wranglers.

I am currently after:
A RHD Dead Pedal
Front and rear Mud flaps for the Rubicon with the Aussie fenders and rock rails.
A Garage door button that can be integrated like the American version.
That fancy little cover for the cigarette lighter socket that for some reason we do not have.

Apparently lift kits need to be tailored for LHD or RHD vehicles as well? if that is the case, then I'll post them here as RHD kits become easily available in AU.

What about every one else? has anyone found these things or have items they want to find?
Sponsored

xtnqx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon Diesel

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I too would like the cover for the cigarette lighter.

As for the dead pedal, I have become used to not having one. I am comfy. I also note that drilling a hole into that spot could turn into a massive disaster!

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I too would like the cover for the cigarette lighter.

As for the dead pedal, I have become used to not having one. I am comfy. I also note that drilling a hole into that spot could turn into a massive disaster!
I am kinda comfy, sometimes I get my foot in the right position and it's good but then I want to move my foot slightly and suddenly BAM and the comfort is gone. A dead pedal should give me more comfy positions.... I think they tend to use existing bolts don't they? no drilling...

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I got my JL Rubicon few weeks now, still cant get used to not having any resting spot for the left foot...its getting very annoying now for long drives.

Bought a Dead Pedal from Amazon just to realise they are made for LHD JL. Have anyone figured out a solution yet for our RHD JL?

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I got my JL Rubicon few weeks now, still cant get used to not having any resting spot for the left foot...its getting very annoying now for long drives.

Bought a Dead Pedal from Amazon just to realise they are made for LHD JL. Have anyone figured out a solution yet for our RHD JL?
No Solution yet... I've had a quick feel under there and there doesn't seem to be an easy place to bolt on a dead pedal... I've been using the edge of the all weather mat as a foot rest... I need a cool afternoon to actually get in there and see if there is a mount point. If so I'll see if I can get fab up a dead pedal...

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
They do make one for the passenger footwell of LHD vehicles. The problem is that it would be for our right foot, not our left. I left an enquiry for RHD vehicles on the website, but no response as yet. Probably need to look to the UK market for a solution.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
They do make one for the passenger footwell of LHD vehicles. The problem is that it would be for our right foot, not our left. I left an enquiry for RHD vehicles on the website, but no response as yet. Probably need to look to the UK market for a solution.
I’m a U.K. owner, one of very few, I doubt anybody is going to be developing or manufacturing RHD specific parts here.

I’ve got used to having no space for the left foot and tend to have it flat on the floor in front of the seat, that works for me.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black

Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
The room for left foot has being an old issue.. I was expecting Jeep can solve it when JL released....

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
The room for left foot has being an old issue.. I was expecting Jeep can solve it when JL released....
It's actually gotten a bit worse with that new shmancy giant transmission....

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
It's actually gotten a bit worse with that new shmancy giant transmission....
Didn’t find that out. That’s sad. Mine is still shipping and on the boat, wish I can get it before Christmas.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I’m a U.K. owner, one of very few, I doubt anybody is going to be developing or manufacturing RHD specific parts here.

I’ve got used to having no space for the left foot and tend to have it flat on the floor in front of the seat, that works for me.
All hope is lost!

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
All hope is NOT lost! I think I found a solution.... Back in ancient Chinese times ladies would practice foot binding.. This was a traditional practice involving tying their feet really tight with rope to the point where their feet would deform into really narrow shapes to fit into "stylish" narrow shoes.....
Well, our problem is fitting into a "stylish" narrow foot well... Well we do also have snatch straps....
Sponsored