Sponsored

Bike Rack Options??

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have a hollywood hanging bike 4 rack with a 1 1/2-2" adapter. I could sell it and get a platform type rack but I'm not sure it's necessary. Who all has used both types and is the platform type that much better? I'm not sure I like how far back the plaform racks are with 4 bikes on them.
In the past I used the hanging type of hitch racks exclusively. When I got my Jeep, I picked up a platform rack, a Rocky Mounts Monorail. I will never go back to the hanging style rack. This rack is easier to load and unload as well as being more stable.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I finally got my Jeep and was able to test fit the 1up SuperDuty Single.
I also ordered the kuat hi-lo adapter. But I did a test fit without it.
I have Rubi and with stock wheels/tires, the 1-up fits without an extension*. Mostly.
With no bike, the rack can swing low and the tire clears the rack opening the gate all the way. With bike mounted and rack swung down, the gate can open enough to get items out smaller than a full grocery bag I would guess.
I also had to make sure my crank cleared the tire - this meant the rack sits all the way in to about 1.5” from full insertion. Super solid. If you’ve got super boost cranks, your mileage may vary.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 1F1F2F8C-652B-4CE9-B0EC-688EA020CDE5
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 71A85A88-49CB-4319-97F9-C51AB4F9AF39
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 3835DE64-ECE8-4E14-A6B3-FC9BF3B2F3EA
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 1F5283EC-76CC-4E4B-AD15-4CEB3183C059

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Obviously, once you go away from stock wheels and tires, the hi-lo adapter will be needed.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I finally got my Jeep and was able to test fit the 1up SuperDuty Single.
I also ordered the kuat hi-lo adapter. But I did a test fit without it.
I have Rubi and with stock wheels/tires, the 1-up fits without an extension*. Mostly.
With no bike, the rack can swing low and the tire clears the rack opening the gate all the way. With bike mounted and rack swung down, the gate can open enough to get items out smaller than a full grocery bag I would guess.
I also had to make sure my crank cleared the tire - this meant the rack sits all the way in to about 1.5” from full insertion. Super solid. If you’ve got super boost cranks, your mileage may vary.
Thanks for the pics. I've been considering a 1Up for a while but I've been holding out to see the Quick Rack Mach 2 (https://quikrstuff.com/). Now that it has been announced at a much higher price, I am back looking at the 1Up. I guess the reverse plates (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...se-side-plate-option-is-perfect-for-jl.49307/) would get you more clearance between bike and tire at the expense of ground clearance.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thanks for the pics. I've been considering a 1Up for a while but I've been holding out to see the Quick Rack Mach 2 (https://quikrstuff.com/). Now that it has been announced at a much higher price, I am back looking at the 1Up. I guess the reverse plates (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...se-side-plate-option-is-perfect-for-jl.49307/) would get you more clearance between bike and tire at the expense of ground clearance.
Correct. I thought about getting those when I ordered but decided if I need them, get them later. Definitely don’t need them. When I swap wheels/tires, I’ll put my Kuat hilo adapter to use.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have the Hollywood Rack that can let me know how they deal with the 3 brake light being so close to the rack? It looks like the 3rd brake light could be raised so I took off the 4 screws to try to move it up but it will not go up or anything. It looks like they may have thought of adding another hight option by pulling it up and replacing the screws. But I can’t get that to work. The rack if very tight with the stock rubicon tire on the spare. Any information would be great I have the Jeep parts all over the garage now. Thanks

spearsmom

First Name
Janna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JL 2.0L Turbo, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2010 Mazda 3
We bought the AltaRack Six Pack a few months after our Rubicon purchase. Super easy to "throw" a bike up on the back and there is no rub. altaracks.com
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 9.04.09 PM

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Anyone have the Hollywood Rack that can let me know how they deal with the 3 brake light being so close to the rack? It looks like the 3rd brake light could be raised so I took off the 4 screws to try to move it up but it will not go up or anything. It looks like they may have thought of adding another hight option by pulling it up and replacing the screws. But I can’t get that to work. The rack if very tight with the stock rubicon tire on the spare. Any information would be great I have the Jeep parts all over the garage now. Thanks
I loosened the 4 screws and slid the rack's bar between the tire and the brake light. Then tightened the screws back up.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
@Amaruq any chance you have (or could take some) pictures of the 1ip empty and folded up.
Sure! Folded which way? Just with the tire arms folded or with the carrier in the up/stowed position or swung down position?
I won’t have the rack mounted until next weekend, but I might already have a shot of what you need.

JeepAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon Recon
Thanks! Carrier Folded up, stowed away please.

I’ve only seen pics Of the 1up with the reverse plate in that position and the bike rack seems to sit at 45-60 degree angle.
I’m trying to see if you Are you able to get the bike rack vertical or pretty close to full 90 with standard configuration?

Do you (or does anyone) by chance have mopar tailgate reinforcement? Wondering if that affects the bike rack fit at all. I have a Rubicon Recon which comes with the reinforcement standard.
Thanks!!

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thanks! Carrier Folded up, stowed away please.

I’ve only seen pics Of the 1up with the reverse plate in that position and the bike rack seems to sit at 45-60 degree angle.
I’m trying to see if you Are you able to get the bike rack vertical or pretty close to full 90 with standard configuration?

Do you (or does anyone) by chance have mopar tailgate reinforcement? Wondering if that affects the bike rack fit at all. I have a Rubicon Recon which comes with the reinforcement standard.
Thanks!!
In my config, the standard plates, cannot fold it all the way up in storage position. It might click to the next angle up, but I also have the tongue all the way into the hitch, which is not necessary.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 56EAB44E-442E-47A6-A603-BB7A87BC586F

it will snap into the 45degree slot if you do not have it all the way into the hitch. 1up specifies the silver locking ball must be in at least 2”.
Sponsored