BFG KM3 Impressions

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ve had the KM3’s 39x13.5 for nearly a year now and wheeled the Rubicon, all of our local weekend warrior trails and a couple out in Johnson Valley where the hard core guys go and I’m very impressed.

Dry Traction on the rocks is great, the rubber compound they used for these grips everything and the sidewalls deform at higher psi so that I can probably avoid beadlocks. I only used my lockers a handful of times on the Rubicon and once was just out of caution on Cadillac Hill.

Wet traction seems to be fine but we don’t get a ton of rain out here so I can’t say I’ve put them through their paces.

Snow they do very well mud I’ve heard is where these aren’t great.

My only wish for these is that they make em a tad larger, they measure 37.5 on the Jeep which is expected for a 39 but it’s be nice if they were right around 38

Info don’t decide to go with 40’s when these wear I’ll buy em again
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve got the KM3 35’s and love them. They’re not nearly as loud on road as I thought they’d be. And the traction I’m getting from them off road is amazing!

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I love mine too! They did great on off-camber scrambles in the mud to keep me off the wall of the trench trails. The JK in front of me struggled to get as high up on the slope, but I’m not sure what 37’s he was running.
Lots of tire pivoting on nasty roots, no issues. Granted, I do run double beadlocks. They crawl up rocks others have to bump up, so good traction there too.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I’ve got the KM3 35’s and love them. They’re not nearly as loud on road as I thought they’d be. And the traction I’m getting from them off road is amazing!
What do these run? I know the KM3 in 37 run 35.8 and what I am eyeing. Is it a BFG thing to run small or normal with all manufacturers?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Don’t know why they use the term Key Mud with these. They are more like an extreme terrain tire. They should use the term Key Extreme or KX. BF Goodrich Extreme Terrain KX, then as improvements come they would be KX2 etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
What do these run? I know the KM3 in 37 run 35.8 and what I am eyeing. Is it a BFG thing to run small or normal with all manufacturers?
I’ll check when I am able and will get back to you. For now I’m running 32 PSI on a JLUR with Sky One Touch with no added heavy equipment (ie. Winch, etc).

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
My BFGoodRich Mud Terrain KM3 LT325/60R20 tires measure…

34-3/8”
@32 PSI
JLUR as previously mentioned.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love my 35s but going to 37s. Only other tire I thought agout are Nittos, but they are a lot heavier so i am sticking with the KM3s for my 37s

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I have 39 inch KM3s.

Mine have been getting some shallow cracks on the treads. Very shallow like 2 or 3/32. Other than that, I’ve put 10k miles on them and are only slightly louder on the highway than new.

For a comparison of the road noise, driving down the highway at 65mph with the windows rolled up, radio off and a/c on low. New was 68db now I get 71db after 10k miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL BFG KM3 Impressions 1632162255894

this picture was before I took it on the Rubicon trail. Probably at 8k miles

Jeep Wrangler JL BFG KM3 Impressions 1632162418609

this is after the Rubicon trail probably at 12k miles

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I have 37-12.50x17 on my JTR, and love them. Only real gripe I have with them is how bad they hold rocks and gravel!! I have a 2k’ long gravel driveway and it’s always entertaining when I hit the hard road and interstate. Even more so now that I added metal inner fenders front and rear this past weekend!
Sponsored