Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get a close up of the wiper blade part and it didn't turn out. If you look on their website you can see they have a little box type thing on the blade part.
No worries, I meant something like a windshield shot of how they sit on the Jeep.

I’ll give these a try when my Michelins wear out.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've been running Rain-X Latitudes for years, and I already put a set on my new '21. They don't make a rear wiper that applies Rain-X to the glass, but they do make a rear wiper that fits. My main reason for replacing the rear one was just to check that, because years ago, you were on your own finding a rear wiper blade for a Jeep.

I'm happy with how they've been performing. Pretty much the same as they did on my truck.

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Michelin's at Costco for $9.99. I replace them twice a year, fall/spring.
Never had good luck with these. All I would get is streaks and squeaks right out of the box. Drove me batty

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So I’ve been using the unibeam style ones for years and like them (Bosch icons etc) on other vehicles. But being as the wrangler grabs soooo many bugs on the windshield, what are you guys finding scrubs them off the best when misting/washing the windshield while driving? My stock ones need replaced and I never have many issues with actually wiping water off of the glass (coated often so it beads off well), but I’m looking for ones that clean the bugs off the best. Anyone have any experience or notice any in particular that work well for this?

A bit more back on topic, I have absolutely noticed the silicone blades last muuuuuch longer than standard rubber blades

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Never had good luck with these. All I would get is streaks and squeaks right out of the box. Drove me batty
Possibly Michelin changed/cheapened the construction of their blades? I used that brand for years until I noticed that, even from new, they began to fall short of my performance expectations. I gave them a second chance with a [subsidized price] set from Costco. No Joy, again, so I switched to Bosch and haven't looked back.

...being as the wrangler grabs soooo many bugs on the windshield, what are you guys finding scrubs them off the best when misting/washing the windshield while driving?
There's a brief window of time, measured in seconds, when using the windscreen washer to swipe away still-liquid bug splatter will work with some effectiveness. It matters not what brand of wiper blades are in situ at the time.

Miss your chance, and only a bug sponge, ammonia-based glass cleaner and a bit of scrubbing will remove the hardened mess. I'm this close to carrying a spray squeegee in the cab simply because experience demands that I do so.

Sponsored

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

My only problem is that the Bosch Icon wipers that he likes seem to become very squeeky and on my last econobox commuter would leave streaks of rough/dry areas from basically being too effective.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Possibly Michelin changed/cheapened the construction of their blades? I used that brand for years until I noticed that, even from new, they began to fall short of my performance expectations. I gave them a second chance with a [subsidized price] set from Costco. No Joy, again, so I switched to Bosch and haven't looked back.

There's a brief window of time, measured in seconds, when using the windscreen washer to swipe away still-liquid bug splatter will work with some effectiveness. It matters not what brand of wiper blades are in situ at the time.

Miss your chance, and only a bug sponge, ammonia-based glass cleaner and a bit of scrubbing will remove the hardened mess. I'm this close to carrying a spray squeegee in the cab simply because experience demands that I do so.
Also, keep some hydrogen peroxide handy. Best for bug mess...

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So when I was on my way home from Moab today I got in a serious rainstorm. The driver side wiper continued to work flawlessly but the passenger side started missing a two inch streak on the up stroke and then hit all of the windshield on the way down. It came with extra blades so I will try to swap out the blade and see if it fixes the problem. I'll update when I find out. This is with the Kimblade wipers.

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm taking mine for oil change this week and was going to have them put new Mopar ones on. Mine are almost 3 years old and still ok.
Question.. I never liked switching out the entire blade since the new one never seemed to ride as flat on the window. having said that, you can't get much flatter than a Wrangler windshield. Do you all like how an aftermarket rides on the window?

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I've really liked Icons but dead bugs ruin them quick. PIAAs have lasted the longest for me in the heat and sun down here. They don't wipe quite a cleanly as brand new Icons, but they last twice as long. The cost is about the same.

I use bugs b gone. You can actually watch the bug melt/disintegrate . Amazing stuff. Water activates the product so your veh or windshield must be wet for the product to work. Here in Florida the love bug season it’s a must. I wonder if it’s possible to add this to the windshield washer fluid?😎

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I've had good experience with Rain-X Latitude, but Bosch Icon has been the best I've used.

TheCarFather

First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Sahara
I'm a BIG fan of Piaa's, been running their blades for the last 10yrs or so. Had a set last me 5yrs, and I love the water beading effect. They are one of the first accessories I buy for any new vehicle, along with quality rubber floor mats. Currently have a set of the Piaa Aero Vogue's on my 4xe.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Are these toast? 3 years. Awful now. Probably a stupid question.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
OEM once a year.
Sponsored