Sponsored

Best JL Tailgate Table Recommendations

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
2nd the rockslide engineering table, especially if a lot of table space is a priority. If you flip up the top shelf it will fit a Weber Q1200 grill on it. No other tailgate table can do that.

kjchristopher

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR (mine), C6Z, JLUR (wifey), country coach
Which light set up do you have?
I have the FrontRunner tailgate table and it’s awesome. I think it’s comparable to the GooseGear one and less expensive. My top priority was a table that did not rattle (none so far in the past 6 months). I wanted one that had a solid tabletop instead of one that had slits cutout because the MOLLE feature (in the closed position) didn’t appeal to me and I wanted to make sure nothing fell through (screws, etc) and nothing dripped down. The FrontRunner also has the wooden pull out cutting table/tabletop extender.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/drop-down-tailgate-table.html

D09D5CE8-88D1-435E-9F33-2A2E3540993A.jpeg

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
[QUOTE

HOWEVER

What I'm waiting for is one that lifts UP instead of dropping down. I'm 6'1" and I'm happy with my JL's height where it is (40" at the fender lips), so a table that drops down will be pretty low.

[/QUOTE]

How about this?

17CC22D2-E4D8-4DD8-908D-43D8F3868AF6.jpeg

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to get some mods ordered for my new 23 Willys XR coming soon. I want to install a tailgate table in this JL, but I’ve never had one before. What are some tables you guys recommend and why?

My Rock Slide Engineering (that I got from another forum member) was easy to install and works great, no drilling, etc. I added the cinch strap with a rubber pad under the cinch to keep it from rattling. (Lowes special)

The top folds down so that you have an upper shelf as well. Seems to be very sturdy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best JL Tailgate Table Recommendations IMG_2444.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Best JL Tailgate Table Recommendations IMG_3531.JPG

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Will the freedom panels fit flat on the floor with a table installed?

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd the rockslide engineering table, especially if a lot of table space is a priority. If you flip up the top shelf it will fit a Weber Q1200 grill on it. No other tailgate table can do that.

Surface area of the Rockslide table is fantastic.

Tropikal

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I'm also planning on putting a tailgate table on the new 2023 JLLR XR that we ordered. I love the looks of the Outback Adventure one, my concern is that this table closes/seals the vents that are located on the tailgate. Wondering if anyone has noticed any issues with that. I'm sure Jeep put those vents there for a reason. no?

Sponsored

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I tried a couple before the American Adventure Lab's Versa-Table. Zero rattles on mine. Would do again. Perhaps my favorite mod on the Jeep.
link to a thread on tailgate tables:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-tailgate-table.72013/page-12
this opens to the page with my comments on why the AAL Versa-Table, but lots of other good ideas on this thread too. People want and need different things with this mod so the different options don't work for everyone.

AAL Versa-Table.jpg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Will the freedom panels fit flat on the floor with a table installed?
They do with the Rock Slide Engineering, I can't speak to other brands though.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also planning on putting a tailgate table on the new 2023 JLLR XR that we ordered. I love the looks of the Outback Adventure one, my concern is that this table closes/seals the vents that are located on the tailgate. Wondering if anyone has noticed any issues with that. I'm sure Jeep put those vents there for a reason. no?
Does it seal or just obstruct? The Rockslide table mounts via spacers that maintain a small separation between the vents and the table.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I went with the Rough Country. Worth every penny of the $97 I paid (to my door). Zero rattles.

Tropikal

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Does it seal or just obstruct? The Rockslide table mounts via spacers that maintain a small separation between the vents and the table.
Yes some of them provide spacers or standoffs and some other are designed with holes to provide the ventilation needed and such. But some of them replace the entire plastic cover like the " Outback Adventure" one, and by looking at the pictures it doesn't provide any "ventilation ports" sort of speak. Not sure if will "seal" but is replacing the ventilation cover with a flat piece of metal. Wondering if anyone with one of these has noticed any issues.
Sponsored