conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Pharmacy Product Implementation Manager
With the steersmart steering you have to be a little more cautious with with diff cover you go with due to the reduced clearance. I know the arb sticks out quite a bit. We run the motobiLt and it gets really close to the cover but it barely clears. Metalcloak released some nice ones too but I haven’t checked it against the steersmart stuff yet

brett
Do you have a pic of how much clearance you have? I’m currently running RK track bars but considering swapping to SteerSmarts but have Motobilt diff covers sitting in my garage to install when I do the 500 mile check after the re-gear.

Advertisement

rustyshakelford

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Do you have a pic of how much clearance you have? I’m currently running RK track bars but considering swapping to SteerSmarts but have Motobilt diff covers sitting in my garage to install when I do the 500 mile check after the re-gear.
I can try and remember to snap one tomorrow. Any reason to not stay with the RK TB? I don’t think you’d be gaining anything going with the steersmart in practical strength.

brett

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Motobilt, cant beat it for 100 bucks and paint it yourself
I like them too but they're not really engineered to circulate diff fluid very well.

I think ARB covers are probably best.. some of the most expensive though as well

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an ARB on the rear. It is heavy and solid and the dipstick is nice, too. It also has magnets on the drain plug and dipstick and the quality of the paint is excellent. It also is designed for the gear oil to flow like the OEM cover. I'd be surprised if it interferes with any aftermarket suspension components.

Last edited:

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Pharmacy Product Implementation Manager
I can try and remember to snap one tomorrow. Any reason to not stay with the RK TB? I don’t think you’d be gaining anything going with the steersmart in practical strength.

brett
That’s an option too but I may be able to sell the RK ones and get into the SteerSmarts set-up for not that much more. I’ve only heard theirs is beefier and has great reviews. Don’t think I can go wrong with either and haven’t made up my mind. Just weighing options (I’m also single, unmarried, and no kids + COVID basically means no dating so what else am I going to do :blush:, haha).

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement