UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would avoid the MOPAR beadlocks. If you end up needing beadlock spacers due to a thick tire bead, you will be out of luck as MOPAR does not make spacers. Your only choice would be to have them custom made. The bolt heads are also not recessed which will increase the likelihood of you shearing off a bolt head on a rock.
Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
If you end up adding a lift in the future you should consider what back spacing you need. For example MetalCloak recommends back spacing no more the 4.5 inches.

OP
OP
Kreepin1

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
If you end up adding a lift in the future you should consider what back spacing you need. For example MetalCloak recommends back spacing no more the 4.5 inches.
On the other hand with 4.5" of backspace outer fender clearance limits your tire size unless you have a lift. If I lift I'll look for one like Clayton's with bent lower control arms. Metalcloak (and most others use straight lower control arms for strength and ease of fabrication.

Truthfully, I've already got a big ass Jeep. This one is more of a touring multipurpose rig that is easier for the wife to get in. No plans to lift it more than an inch or so (famous last words ;)).

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Three of my buds run Dirty Life wheels. They have all had good luck with them. The ring is smaller and the wheels are lighter than the ATX, I have found that the valve stem is very well protected in the Dirty Life wheels. The down side to that is it you can't get a good three way locking air check on them, so you end up having to babysit the connection when airing up.
Hey. I know this isn't a fresh post...but I am curious about the lock on chuck comment. The post above yours looks like you could use a lock on chuck. Is it a certain type that didn't work? I am leaning towards dirtylife...but that would be a pain when I al looking to automate air up and down as much as possible.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I use this locking air chuck... It does not fit well in the Dirty Life wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations 1617211344836

The locking air chuck I use

There are other locking air chucks. They typically just lock on one side and my experience is they just don't work as well, They will work with the Dirty Life wheels though.

Something like this,
Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations 1617211542773

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I use this locking air chuck... It does not fit well in the Dirty Life wheels.

The locking air chuck I use

There are other locking air chucks. They typically just lock on one side and my experience is they just don't work as well, They will work with the Dirty Life wheels though.

Something like this,
I'm waiting for my Mopar 2" lift to come in and get installed by the dealer. After that, I'll order wheels (toss up between Huthinson and TractionOffRoad, double beadlocks) and tires (BFG KO2 315/70R17C).

I use MORRflate kit that has the wider Haltec air chucks on all four air hoses. I meant to ask @DOOKEY and Hutchinson if their wheels are compatible.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm waiting for my Mopar 2" lift to come in and get installed by the dealer. After that, I'll order wheels (toss up between Huthinson and TractionOffRoad, double beadlocks) and tires (BFG KO2 315/70R17C).

I use MORRflate kit that has the wider Haltec air chucks on all four air hoses. I meant to ask @DOOKEY and Hutchinson if their wheels are compatible.
I just ordered one of those lock on valves to check fitment. It should be here tomorrow. I'll report back.

I use this type with no issues. Clips on so you don't have to hold it. I use a full metal valve stem so it removes the wigglyness of the rubber stems.

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations AirValve

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations AirU

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one of those lock on valves to check fitment. It should be here tomorrow. I'll report back.

I use this type with no issues. Clips on so you don't have to hold it. I use a full metal valve stem so it removes the wigglyness of the rubber stems.

The lever type end only holds one side of the threaded valve, so it can leak. To use the Haltec valves, press it in, pull back the collar, it grabs the threaded valve on both sides, today sealed.

looking at the whee image seems like it would work. Not sure they’d work on ARB Pintlar wheels that have a collar protecting the valve.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
The lever type end only holds one side of the threaded valve, so it can leak. To use the Haltec valves, press it in, pull back the collar, it grabs the threaded valve on both sides, today sealed.

looking at the whee image seems like it would work. Not sure they’d work on ARB Pintlar wheels that have a collar protecting the valve.
I'm all for better. Even if my stock valve doesn't work I can source different valves that will extend far enough that we can make it work. 😎

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations ValveStem

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlock Recommendations 5DD26323-F709-427F-9BB9-549445C586F8

These amazon ones held on to my Hutchinson’s just fine today. It’s not like we’re inflating to 50 psi, so leaks shouldn’t be a concern.
Sponsored