Sponsored

Battery is dead a 3rd time.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with under 6k miles on it. It is my daily driver, not modified. Back in November the battery died after going on vacation for 1 week and coming back to car with completely dead battery. Jumped it and drove it to dealership, they found no issues. 3 weeks later same issue happened, jumped it again and drove to dealer. They replaced both batteries, disabled the ESS too. Well here we are again 3 months later. Drove the Jeep 2 days ago, came to it today, barely any juice, the interior lights inside were flickering, the side front turn turn signals were flickering, no display on dash or uconnect. I have a dead jeep again. I am getting tired of paying for this thing if I have to spend time and effort for it work again. Any ideas what is draining this thing. Only thing I have it connected to is blackvue dashcam front and back with battery pack through the rear trunk cigarette port. Which turns off if battery pack is not charged.

This is going to be a disaster for me as I am a healthcare worker within nyc, the commute to my hospital will be an issue and with this virus situation, and many dealership closed, I have no idea what to do. Thanks
I had mine replaced under warranty on a 2019 Rubi the first time it died... I think I would be asking them to replace it... Unless there truly is something using power while the Jeep is powered off.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Interested in what the results were ā€¦ my wifeā€™s 2019 is having the same issue and multiple friends with 2019s are changing batteries more regularly than her. Iā€™m set on it being a 2019 issue, never dealt with this in my 2018
Hey there, Sobehall. We understand you're looking for feedback from your fellow Jeep owners, but if you don't find the answers you're seeking, feel free to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Interested in what the results were ā€¦ my wifeā€™s 2019 is having the same issue and multiple friends with 2019s are changing batteries more regularly than her. Iā€™m set on it being a 2019 issue, never dealt with this in my 2018
The results were pretty clearly the OP was killing the battery by placing a battery draining device directly to power and leaving it overnight, or longer. Don't do that. Other than that, replace the batteries.

Sobehall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Also just as a side note, the Mopar Aux batteries have a 36 month warranty free replacement ā€¦

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
Also I'd mention that if someone is having repeated a battery problems that they should check the OBD port to see if the dealer attached one of those tracking devices. It seems like lots of these aftermarket devices are out there and it appears it may be causing some of these battery issues.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Also I'd mention that if someone is having repeated a battery problems that they should check the OBD port to see if the dealer attached one of those tracking devices. It seems like lots of these aftermarket devices are out there and it appears it may be causing some of these battery issues.
@legacy_etu

Yes, indeed anything you leave plugged into the OBDll port (or at the SGW) can cause UCONNECT to wake up continuously / often enough that it will deplete the battery(s).

Regardless of whether it is an OBDll Scan Tool or any gadget that plugs into the OBDll port you have to be aware that this could happen. Always do you homework in regard to a device you leave plugged into the OBDll post 24/7 365.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Also just as a side note, the Mopar Aux batteries have a 36 month warranty free replacement ā€¦
They have a 12 month warranty unless something has changed in the last week.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have a 12 month warranty unless something has changed in the last week.
My dealer just replaced mine under warranty a couple of months ago and it's a 2019...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love how this forum shrugs at $1500 LED lights, $700 proximity entry, $5000 for lifts and tires, etc, but paying a few hundred bucks for a battery that isn't complete shit is crossing the line.
I've never understood the extremely expensive LED pod lights... I have like $100 in 8 LED Pods that work just fine... Another $150 in the mounts, etc. I see 2 KC Lite pods that someone paid $800 for and I about stroke out while reading the post...
Sponsored