Bass rattle/vibration under steering wheel

Drummin

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door Ocean Blue Metallic
There is a rattle or vibration coming from the driver’s side, possibly behind the steering column. Occurs when radio or music is on. I haven’t pulled anything off yet to check it out. Anybody else have this issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Drummin

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door Ocean Blue Metallic
Disregard. Found the problem.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager

JeepChic08

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
This is the definitive thread on this subject and the 'business card' fix certainly fixed mine once I figured out it was the same loose connector buzzing behind the dash speaker

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/speaker-issue.6166/

Skip to 6:33 on this video to see a demonstration of the fix:

This Video totally saved me, dude was spot on! Thanks for sharing, you saved me an unnecessary trip to the dealer! I will say that I think he had more of an issue getting something wedged up in between that plastic housing as the piece of foam he had might have been just a bit too thick. All I used was I cut a piece off an expired gift card (or credit card, whichever you prefer) and it wedged with a good little nudge but I didnt have as much trouble in needing a screw driver to help make some space. My rattle was BAD too....both voices and some songs. I am NOT a handy kinda girl or very strong either but I was able to pop that cover off below the steering wheel with a little pulling and as I said, piece of credit card gives enough resistance to stop the rattle but not loose enough to where you have to worry about it falling out or needing to add more. PHEW! It was driving me freaking nuts! I hate it when little sounds and things pop up, must be my OCD :) Maybe a Wrangler then is not for me?? Yea right, I LOVE my JLU! Ill just have to deal with the noises as they come and continue to rely on all of you super helpful people and hopefully fix the issues myself!

Sponsored

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is the definitive thread on this subject and the 'business card' fix certainly fixed mine once I figured out it was the same loose connector buzzing behind the dash speaker

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/speaker-issue.6166/

Skip to 6:33 on this video to see a demonstration of the fix:

Hopefully this works. I did what the video says. Went and filled up with gas afterward and did not experience the issue. I will see how it goes.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Just fixed this issue thanks to this thread. I was getting ready to take the jeep to the dealer as I thought I had a blown speaker...
Sponsored