Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
@Rhinebeck01

Mine is black. 2.0 JLUR, 10/2018 build.

The piece highlighted below seems to be the culprit:

3CF31D5E-0F21-46CD-943C-51420D3888A7.jpeg
How loud of a rattle is it? I might be chasing the sound/vibration in the wrong spots cause I have this noise going on bumps

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How loud of a rattle is it? I might be chasing the sound/vibration in the wrong spots cause I have this noise going on bumps

Mine rattled over bumps too (very similar to the noise in your video). Apply the cable ties around the reservoir and most likely it will solve your problem.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Mine rattled over bumps too (very similar to the noise in your video). Apply the cable ties around the reservoir and most likely it will solve your problem.
Man holy shit if itā€™s that simple. Iā€™m over here about to order a drag link and researching them cause some slight play i was then starting to suspect the steering column itself. Iā€™ll check it tomorrow.

Slowfizzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon Unlimited
I can confirm zip tie around radiator overflow worked for me in a 2018 JL Rubicon. A few others:

Had creak in roll bar behind driver. Installed Freedom top screws even with soft top and this fixed the problem. Spent a lot of time at the dealer, I found the fix on the forum.

Radio resonance from steering column - there is TSB out there somewhere but essentially it say shove something up next to the cables. Also fixed.

Unrelated but still a creak: Doors Creaking on opening - dealer must hate covid cause I have patience and an extra vehicle. This took a lot of patience, finally suggested they swap doors with another vehicle, creak followed the doors. They replaced doors. I believe this is bad design and creak may come back. I now treat them a bit more softly in hopes I can avoid it a while.

Passang sherpa

First Name
Passang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JL 2018
i hear the rattle coming behind the radio i check all but its sounds like lose bolt when driving in rough road, i check dash panel and took radio out and check behind there is nothing i see lose bolt, i have no idea where this sounds comes from its really annoying,

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I've got a 2020 JL but just got a 2022 JT. It has a rattle in the dash area when I hit a bump. Hard to find while driving you know? I sat in the driveway for awhile last night and it is in the steering wheel. I can bump it with my hand and replicate the sound. Anyone have a fix for this one? It's driving me insane.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've got a 2020 JL but just got a 2022 JT. It has a rattle in the dash area when I hit a bump. Hard to find while driving you know? I sat in the driveway for awhile last night and it is in the steering wheel. I can bump it with my hand and replicate the sound. Anyone have a fix for this one? It's driving me insane.
Hi, Jteakus. If you don't find the answers you're looking for from your fellow forum members, we would recommend a dealer visit. If you need support while there, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe I will, thanks.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found it! Rattled every time I hit a bump. Something in the air bag/horn button. Anyone else had this and/or been able to stop it?
Sponsored