Bartact seat cover install...

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Anyone had issues with installing the front seat uppers? Maybe I am missing something, but there seems to be no way possible to attach the front part of the upper velcro to the bottom of the back of the cover.
The factory "apron" cover, the one that has the two elastic straps on the bottom of the back of the seat is in the way.
The directions are shyte, and there isn't much info out there on these for a 392/mojave install.
From a mechanical view, I see no way to make this work. My fingers are hurting from pulling and stretching to get enough slack to velcro the front and back together.

Any advise?
Sponsored

Kauai392

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '22 Gladiator, '23 392
I've installed two sets of Bartact covers, one on my 392 and one on my Gladiator. As it turns out the front/back apron of the upper DO NOT attach to each other and all the tugging and yanking in the world (I know!) wont make it happen. On the 392, the front apron tucks into the space between the back and seat and the back apron (if it has a velcro strip like the Gladiator) simply attaches to the fabric on the "apron" with the elastic. If it doesn't have the strip - my 392 cover does not - then the back just hangs down. Bartact makes super fantastic seat covers BUT the instructions suck. They've been written once and never changed. Hope this helps with the frustration!

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've installed two sets of Bartact covers, one on my 392 and one on my Gladiator. As it turns out the front/back apron of the upper DO NOT attach to each other and all the tugging and yanking in the world (I know!) wont make it happen. On the 392, the front apron tucks into the space between the back and seat and the back apron (if it has a velcro strip like the Gladiator) simply attaches to the fabric on the "apron" with the elastic. If it doesn't have the strip - my 392 cover does not - then the back just hangs down. Bartact makes super fantastic seat covers BUT the instructions suck. They've been written once and never changed. Hope this helps with the frustration!
Thanks for chiming in. Yes, very frustrating, esp with the price we pay for these things!
I will circle back to the front tomm, but I am thinking the front bottom has loop velcro. Therefor, it will not attach to the apron, nor the oem seat back, and just have to hang. If that's the case, I probably wont even use them due to how much slack is in the cover bt the side bolsters, looks like shit!!

I tackled the rear seats today. Didn't even bother with instructions, just dove in. It was pretty straight forward, and the fit is just about spot on. Very happy with the rear seat fit.
Some tools they don't tell you need, lol. I finally said eff it, lets see how durable these things are and started using a flat pry bar to get between the upper and lower seats, worked like a charm. I used a plastic fender rivet remover for quite a bit as well. Material held up fine, and my finger tips feel fine. Was also lucky to have paracord laying around as well, bc they did not send enough to do the rear lower seat covers.

Mainly want them for the back seat anyway bc our Malinois goes everywhere with us, and her nails will destroy leather.

If I can't get the fronts to work, theyll get posted for sale, or tossed.

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
The fronts should work out. I had to call; the install was not obvious nor accommodated in the instructions for the 392 seats.

The velcro should attach, but the flap, which is used on other installations, needs to be folded up out of the way first

Fold the flap up and in, tucking it inside the back of the seat cover. That gets it our of the way and will allow the mating velcro strips to be connected. For me it was super tight to get them connected. I did it on a warm day and stretched the seat cover front & back downward repeatedly, It helped to adjust the seat back angle and I also had my wife push the front side down while I tugged from the back. It takes some serious grip strength. After a month or so I was able to re-tighten them just a little more, but probably wouldn't of needed to.

If needed, I'd call them. The person I got was knowledgeable and helpful.

The result turned out nice - clean, tight, professional.

LF

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Yes the seat covers are extremely tight to install. By design.
You may lose some skin in the process, but you will find them to be the best cover currently available.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the seat covers are extremely tight to install. By design.
You may lose some skin in the process, but you will find them to be the best cover currently available.
The rear was fairly simple, just lots of in and out and climbing in the back doing it solo.
It’s been cold here, and no heat in my garage, so I haven’t circled back to the front yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover install... 27DFC2AE-B8BB-4662-8063-5223AFE50E34

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you are aware "cold" is not your friend stretching heavy ballistic nylon.......get the job adequately and revisit when it gets warmer and the covers work in a bit. I re-adjusted after a few months.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you are aware "cold" is not your friend stretching heavy ballistic nylon.......get the job adequately and revisit when it gets warmer and the covers work in a bit. I re-adjusted after a few months.
Hope this helps.
Yes. It was around 50 when I attempted install, and I knew that would be an issue. Suppose to hit 70 this week, I'll park it out in the sun all day, and see if I can't atleast get the front and back to attach.
Normally, I would have waited til its warmer out, but we are heading to OBX next month, and will be taking our malinois, so I want them installed prior to.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing how much easier these things are to work with in a warm day!
For those that read this in the future, wait for a warm day or make sure you have a heated garage!!!
They will def need some tightening up once they get some seat time. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover install... E27A8888-B710-4C4D-A25D-5918594BCD91
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover install... C0731FE8-0948-4669-BD75-45CD7D982573
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover install... DE18FBCD-7F12-4176-A09A-0A1D01B0BE47
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover install... 256DBFB6-2CC5-4101-B38D-1D8D33705B3F

KingKona

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Amazing how much easier these things are to work with in a warm day!
For those that read this in the future, wait for a warm day or make sure you have a heated garage!!!
They will def need some tightening up once they get some seat time. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
E27A8888-B710-4C4D-A25D-5918594BCD91.jpeg
C0731FE8-0948-4669-BD75-45CD7D982573.jpeg
DE18FBCD-7F12-4176-A09A-0A1D01B0BE47.jpeg
256DBFB6-2CC5-4101-B38D-1D8D33705B3F.jpeg
were you able to get the back Velcro on the uppers to connect ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
were you able to get the back Velcro on the uppers to connect ?
Yes. Not quite how I wanted to, but it was the only way I found possible.
I folded the oem "apron" up the opposite way, and put some vise grips on it for a bit to crease the hard plastic. I was then able to tuck the apron, folded backwards, up under the backside of the cover and velcro the backside to the front.
I don't particularly like the way it looks, and feel for the money, it should have a better fit, but, its on the bottom of the back seat, and no one will ever notice a janky fit other than me. My wife or 12 yo that sits in the back sure as shit won't ever notice it! lol

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This!

And anyone that Rubicon plastic molle rear plates they will work as well.

The fronts should work out. I had to call; the install was not obvious nor accommodated in the instructions for the 392 seats.

The velcro should attach, but the flap, which is used on other installations, needs to be folded up out of the way first

Fold the flap up and in, tucking it inside the back of the seat cover. That gets it our of the way and will allow the mating velcro strips to be connected. For me it was super tight to get them connected. I did it on a warm day and stretched the seat cover front & back downward repeatedly, It helped to adjust the seat back angle and I also had my wife push the front side down while I tugged from the back. It takes some serious grip strength. After a month or so I was able to re-tighten them just a little more, but probably wouldn't of needed to.

If needed, I'd call them. The person I got was knowledgeable and helpful.

The result turned out nice - clean, tight, professional.

LF

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mmmmm, i did get them looking factory tight, even in the back. Just takes a second stretching. They are really tight now, no wrinkles. Super fit once they get broken in.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I have been toying with getting seat covers and like these. I am concerned with the seams of the covers wearing into the leather but have no first hand experience with this. What are the thoughts about the wear on the leather under the seat covers?

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been toying with getting seat covers and like these. I am concerned with the seams of the covers wearing into the leather but have no first hand experience with this. What are the thoughts about the wear on the leather under the seat covers?
That's a good question tbh! I didn't even inspect the inside of the covers to see if there was anything that would rub on the leather.
Sponsored