2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
That’s the Warn mid-grille bar.

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Useful thread.
I will be installing mine over the weekend.
I got one relay instead of two (i guess my harness is different)

I know where to attach the relay, the back light will go to a turn signal DRL. The + & - i know where goes ofc.
My question, if I chop that ON/OFF/ON switch. Where do I connect those wires?
Red and Whtie wires are to Aux switches for High and Low beams but im sure there will be two more wires what are those for?

Here is the reference how im thinking to wire mine, however his switch wires come in two (red/white)
Mine it feels like has 4 wires inside, ill know for sure when ill chop it.

(1) Baja Designs LP6 Installation to Auxiliary Switches. #jeep #wrangler #bajadesigns #offroad - YouTube

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Useful thread.
I will be installing mine over the weekend.
I got one relay instead of two (i guess my harness is different)

I know where to attach the relay, the back light will go to a turn signal DRL. The + & - i know where goes ofc.
My question, if I chop that ON/OFF/ON switch. Where do I connect those wires?
Red and Whtie wires are to Aux switches for High and Low beams but im sure there will be two more wires what are those for?

Here is the reference how im thinking to wire mine, however his switch wires come in two (red/white)
Mine it feels like has 4 wires inside, ill know for sure when ill chop it.

(1) Baja Designs LP6 Installation to Auxiliary Switches. #jeep #wrangler #bajadesigns #offroad - YouTube
Hey @Panda Mafia, If the harness you have has a single relay this will be the one with the on/off switch. The harness that has the dual relay is our up-fitter lockout harness for this light. This up-fitter harness is designed for the AUX switches and has a lockout feature so you cannot turn the low beam and high beam on at the same time. If you do turn both on at the same time it will damage the circuit board on that light due to overpowering it. You can modify the harness that you do have into your AUX switches but be very careful that you don't accidentally turn both low and high on at once. To modify this harness follow the two leads to the relay and cut them right before it. This will expose the 4 wires for each light. These wires will need to be stripped and wired up accordingly to the AUX of the Jeep. You will need to run the high and low beams on two separate AUX switches if you want to be able to function this.
Best,
Brandon

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hey @Panda Mafia, If the harness you have has a single relay this will be the one with the on/off switch. The harness that has the dual relay is our up-fitter lockout harness for this light. This up-fitter harness is designed for the AUX switches and has a lockout feature so you cannot turn the low beam and high beam on at the same time. If you do turn both on at the same time it will damage the circuit board on that light due to overpowering it. You can modify the harness that you do have into your AUX switches but be very careful that you don't accidentally turn both low and high on at once. To modify this harness follow the two leads to the relay and cut them right before it. This will expose the 4 wires for each light. These wires will need to be stripped and wired up accordingly to the AUX of the Jeep. You will need to run the high and low beams on two separate AUX switches if you want to be able to function this.
Best,
Brandon
Thanks Brandon. That I do understand.
I just don’t know what to do or where to connect the rest of the wires from the switch after I’ll chop it off.

if I’m correct bellow.
two wires to two aux switches (1 & 3 / high, low)
one wire probably to ground.
the fourth wire must be backlight ?
where do I connect that fourth wire to? ( if I don’t want to connect that fourth wire to third aux switch )
because the backlight already will be connected to DRL fender light.

What I’m trying to have is
Backlight automatic from drl.
low-beam = switch 1
High beam = switch 3

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Thanks Brandon. That I do understand.
I just don’t know what to do or where to connect the rest of the wires from the switch after I’ll chop it off.

if I’m correct bellow.
two wires to two aux switches (1 & 3 / high, low)
one wire probably to ground.
the fourth wire must be backlight ?
where do I connect that fourth wire to? ( if I don’t want to connect that fourth wire to third aux switch )
because the backlight already will be connected to DRL fender light.

What I’m trying to have is
Backlight automatic from drl.
low-beam = switch 1
High beam = switch 3
If its easier you can give me a direct call at 760-539-3497.
Best,
Brandon

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Best,
Brandon
Just to clarify this point, if I get the upfitter kit and wire Highs to Aux1 and Lows to Aux2, the harness has protection in it that even if I push Aux1 button then Aux2 button it will not harm the lights or the boards?

Does Aux3 have enough power for the lows?

Poster above was going to do highs to Aux3 and lows to Aux1 which seems backwards.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Just to clarify this point, if I get the upfitter kit and wire Highs to Aux1 and Lows to Aux2, the harness has protection in it that even if I push Aux1 button then Aux2 button it will not harm the lights or the boards?

Does Aux3 have enough power for the lows?

Poster above was going to do highs to Aux3 and lows to Aux1 which seems backwards.
The lockout up-fitter wiring harness has protection built in to prevent damage if both aux are turned on at the same time. The high beam on two lights will be 15amps and the low beam on two lights will be 13amps, so depending on the ratings of your aux switches this may work for you.
Best,
Brandon

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
The lockout up-fitter wiring harness has protection built in to prevent damage if both aux are turned on at the same time. The high beam on two lights will be 15amps and the low beam on two lights will be 13amps, so depending on the ratings of your aux switches this may work for you.
Best,
Brandon
Sounds like thats the best option then.

Aux1 high
Aux3 low
Aux4 backlit ambers or wired to headlights

Tikenator

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon & 2024 Rubicon X on order
Hi all, I was ready to order a set of LP9 Pro to install on a 2024 RubiX on OEM steel bumper that has the factory installed warn winch. After chatting with BD retail sales they said that the LP9s are too big for the 2024 JL and that they would block the headlights. They recommended the LP6 Pro instead. Has anyone installed LP9 Pro on a 2024 JL, preferably with OEM steel bumper with a winch? Would love to know how they fit or better yet if anyone can post pictures. Thank you.

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Hi all, I was ready to order a set of LP9 Pro to install on a 2024 RubiX on OEM steel bumper that has the factory installed warn winch. After chatting with BD retail sales they said that the LP9s are too big for the 2024 JL and that they would block the headlights. They recommended the LP6 Pro instead. Has anyone installed LP9 Pro on a 2024 JL, preferably with OEM steel bumper with a winch? Would love to know how they fit or better yet if anyone can post pictures. Thank you.
I had LP9s on my 2019 and I’m putting LP6s on my 2024. The LP9s are just too big. You can find pictures in one of my older forum threads if you want but BD is correct. Either will have way more light than you’ll ever need, so save the money and have something more proportional looking.

Tikenator

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had LP9s on my 2019 and I’m putting LP6s on my 2024. The LP9s are just too big. You can find pictures in one of my older forum threads if you want but BD is correct. Either will have way more light than you’ll ever need, so save the money and have something more proportional looking.
Thank you @ormandj . Thank you for the confirmation. I will proceed with the LP6s

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Thank you @ormandj . Thank you for the confirmation. I will proceed with the LP6s
Hey @Tikenator

With the LP9 being a large light up front, as @ormandj has mentioned. We do have other options that will work well for some front-facing lights. I will link below a few options to check out. Please let me know if you have any other questions about our product. If you'd like to get a quote started, please feel free to reach out.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...2-gladiator-2018-2022-wrangler-jl/?vid=169645

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...2-gladiator-2018-2022-wrangler-jl/?vid=169645

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...rangler-jl-note-w-oe-steel-bumper/?vid=169645

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: [email protected] Phone: (760)560-2252

Tikenator

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Tikenator

With the LP9 being a large light up front, as @ormandj has mentioned. We do have other options that will work well for some front-facing lights. I will link below a few options to check out. Please let me know if you have any other questions about our product. If you'd like to get a quote started, please feel free to reach out.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...rangler-jl-note-w-oe-steel-bumper/?vid=169645

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: [email protected] Phone: (760)560-2252
Hi Bill, thank you for the additional information. I just got off the phone with Eric and I placed the order for the LP6 Pro. Looking forward to getting them installed and putting them to use.
Sponsored