Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Does anyone know for sure if the yellow wire on the harness is the backlit wire and if so, where can I hook it up to stay on with the halo. I have the Tazer and turned off the fender drl's and really don't want to hook to them and turn those back on.
Sponsored

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon 3.6L 3 pedal
Well I received mine today and mounted them up. Next up is wiring:facepalm:. I mounted mine with the mopar light bracket. Only has one hole. Do any of you see me having an issue with them turning left and right?
The Maximus-3 bracket also only has one hole in it for each light, and @American Adventurist mounted it directly to the bumper, so I'm thinking he must have just used one hole as well. I like the look of his, so I'm gonna try mounting it there before I use the Maximus-3 bracket.

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Thanks Eric. So does anyone know where a constant power wire is so I can wire in the backlit wire on lights that arn't tied in to the dlr's?

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Ok, Here I am again totally lost. Do I still need to use the relay on the Baja Designs wiring harness if using the factory aux switches? I didn't think I did and cut black and red wire coming out of the relay that went to lights then temporarily wired up the high beam to switch #3 to test with the white wire and ground the black. Lights came on but after a few seconds they went out and wouldn't come back on. Blew the 15a fuse in box. Now I'm stumped. Should the high beam be wired to a 40a fuse? It came with a 30a in the supplied harness. I unhooked everything for now until I get some clarification from someone a lot more knowledgeable than me. Thanks

LP9.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Ok, Update. After talking to Baja Designs I hooked the high beam up to Aux switch 1. The 15A just wouldn't hold it. All works fine now except still looking for a place to power up the ambient light that's on the lp9. Talk about bright. Just unbelievable to me but this is my first vehicle with auxiliary lighting.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Following. My LP9 Pros are on the way...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, Update. After talking to Baja Designs I hooked the high beam up to Aux switch 1. The 15A just wouldn't hold it. All works fine now except still looking for a place to power up the ambient light that's on the lp9. Talk about bright. Just unbelievable to me but this is my first vehicle with auxiliary lighting.

I think I'm going to wire the High Beam to Aux 2 (I have another set of lights on Aux 1), then low beam on Aux 3 and Amber backlight to Aux 4 (I want to be able to turn it off)

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are wired to the auxiliary switches. One for high, one for low. The fog lamp feature is wired to my factory fog laps and light up when I activate the fog lamps .

After spending an afternoon with the firewall grommet for my CB, I bit the bullet and had them installed by my local shop .

IMG_20181214_094201.jpg

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you wire the lowbeam? I just saw in the wiring guide that you cant power both the high and lowbeam circuits at the same time. I'd be worried that wiring the High Beam and Low beam to the Aux switches could lead to inadvertently powering both on at the same time and fry the board.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine are wired to the auxiliary switches. One for high, one for low. The fog lamp feature is wired to my factory fog laps and light up when I activate the fog lamps .

After spending an afternoon with the firewall grommet for my CB, I bit the bullet and had them installed by my local shop .

IMG_20181214_094201.jpg
How do you avoid the high and low beam being powered accidently? BD says that if you should send power to both the high and low beams at the same time it can fry the board.

Sponsored

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How do you avoid the high and low beam being powered accidently? BD says that if you should send power to both the high and low beams at the same time it can fry the board.
They are wired for different switches .aux 1 is low, aux 2 is high.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I wasn't aware that was a possiblity (frying the board). I will have to mindful of that.
How much difference is the high and low beam? I may only run a switch to the High beam mode and running light mode.

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Did you wire the lowbeam? I just saw in the wiring guide that you cant power both the high and lowbeam circuits at the same time. I'd be worried that wiring the High Beam and Low beam to the Aux switches could lead to inadvertently powering both on at the same time and fry the board.
Yes I wired the high beam to AUX1 and Low to AUX3. I just have pay attention to what I'm doing to not turn both on at the same time. It was the only way I could figure out how to do it. Still haven't wired up the back light feature. Really didn't want to use another AUX switch for that feature.